Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 13, 2019, 07:46:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1960s Coupe d'Hiver Postal  (Read 151329 times)
Soc
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2015, 09:51:59 PM »

Dvorak's C d'H looks to be a variant of Drobek so I guess you could use this drawing for reference.
It shows prop details and a well delineated airfoil.

Sean
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: 1960s Coupe d'Hiver Postal
cd_webb
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: July 26, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »

Dvorak's C d'H looks to be a variant of Drobek so I guess you could use this drawing for reference.
It shows prop details and a well delineated airfoil.

Sean

Thanks for the suggestion, Sean!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:32:41 PM by cd_webb » Logged
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Kudos: 75

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: July 26, 2015, 04:55:02 PM »

This has all been presented already in earlier posts...

Mark
glidermaster
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: July 27, 2015, 02:45:56 PM »

Interesting, I hadn't notice before, but in the last post, both of the drawings of the model show zero centre-section dihedral, whereas in the picture of the uncovered frame there clearly IS centre-section dihedral.

John

Gliders are a part of me.
dputt7
Platinum Member

Kudos: 90

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: July 28, 2015, 03:28:09 AM »

Yes it's hard to see on the plan but there is a bent wing joiner (2deg.s I think) shown just above the rib drawings
dosco
Gold Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: July 28, 2015, 08:36:17 AM »

Interesting, I hadn't notice before, but in the last post, both of the drawings of the model show zero centre-section dihedral, whereas in the picture of the uncovered frame there clearly IS centre-section dihedral.

John

The isometric "cartoon" in the plan also appears to have a teeny bit of dihedral in the center joint ... but definitely not on the front view. Weird.

-Dave

USch
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: August 10, 2015, 11:49:12 AM »

Hello Mark, can I jump on the bandwagon?

It's since last year that I follow this topic and I am tempted to build a '60 Coupe because it brings back so many pleasant memory's from younger age.
I will build the Auntie Freez' from Dave Linstrum. To me it has the right, modern appearance, sports a good airfoil, has a tube fuselage and, last but not least, I knew Dave and have good memory of him.

Before I start to build two questions. Can I divide the fuselage in motor tube and tail cone without breaking the rules? I just hate to remove a broken motor 13" down the motor tube.

Secondly, can I install a Tomy timer (if weight permits)? I know Tomy's were not born in the '60, but in Switzerland we did use a very light timer in these years. It was something like an old Tatone but much lightened (pity no one survived my frequent changes of homes). The question is put because here the use of DT fuse, even with snuffer tube, is not forbidden, but strongly recommended to not use it. OK, in winter there's no problem with dry grass, but I would like to fly the model all year round, maybe also in normal F1H competition.

Urs

Fast up-Slow down
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: August 10, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »

Urs,

Yes to both questions.

Please post photos as you build....helps keep the interest rolling along.

Mark
USch
Platinum Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »

Hi all,
Auntie Freez' is coming along silently. Tpl done, fin almost, wing ribs and spars cut with a bit of trouble. At least here you cannot find so small spruce strips. Having still some bigger sizes from long ago I had to cut them on my small circular saw, one came to 3x2mm, the other 3x1mm so just the right thing to put on top and bottom. Motor tube is in the oven to dry. Should do it till December, I hope  Roll Eyes

Urs

Fast up-Slow down
DerekMc
Platinum Member

Kudos: 53

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: August 29, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »

Iceman1007's plan for Batiuk's Coupe being printed. It's available on the Hip Pocket plans page. Turns out there is a large format printer at a UPS store not far from my house.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n542/derekmc777/bf1c636b2a1aa6384f06037ce9c5c8a5_zpsy1juonm9.jpg

Anybody build this Coupe?
1960s Coupe d'Hiver Postal

They fly better when you smile!
Derek
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: August 31, 2015, 09:38:34 PM »

There is one month left for getting your official flights logged if you're flying in the Southern Hemisphere.   You have through the end of September.

Thank you.

Mark
dputt7
Platinum Member

Kudos: 90

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: September 05, 2015, 09:22:01 AM »

Well the Sun, the moon and the planets aligned today and Tim and I got our flights in.
The forecast was good so we headed off the 90klms to the field where ScaleMasters is held
Tim had flown and trimmed his Guy Cognet over the past year and put in a few test flights but found a few problems nothing major but just annoying.
Duezio had not even had a test glide but trimmed out easily, a bit more incidence on the tailplane and all the downthrust removed.
By the time we were ready for our timed flights the breeze had picked up but it was still quite good. The air was strange in that there was lift about and sometimes the models would climb like a rocket then go straight into sink, loosing more height than they had gained. We both managed a few flights of nearly 3 minutes though most were around the 90 sec. mark with the breeze taking the models into the next paddock and at one stage nearly to the road. By the time we had each put in our 5 flights we were
both glad we did not have to fly another round.

Great morning Good flights and Good company
DerekMc
Platinum Member

Kudos: 53

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: September 05, 2015, 12:15:12 PM »

Nice planes and pictures!

They fly better when you smile!
Derek
THB
Gold Member

Kudos: 17

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: September 08, 2015, 05:38:47 AM »

Dave was very polite about my ‘nothing major’ issues. The Guy Cognet has been flying well since last year. And very consistent. But it had one of those days where the Gremlins were at work. The test flights showed a bit of a stall on the glide. Some weight on the nose helped. But then the nose bearing started to make a grinding noise. I did what I could to track this down – and now think it may have been some of the grainy sand from the paddock resulting from an early stally-nose-dive landing.

Dave’s tests looked very good and he had a much better power climb – shorter than the Guy Cognet, but getting better height. It’s one or the other I guess! Anyway, testing done, we got down to work and wrote down our times.

But on the way home in the car the Gremlins were at it again... Somehow the detachable rear parcel shelf came detached. I guess that’s what it's for. Up front we heard a nasty ‘crack’. Dave commented: 'That didn't sound good'.

I didn’t want to look, so we kept going. When I opened the hatch we found that the shelf had fallen into the boot and partly crushed two models.

I am so glad they were mine and not Dave’s – I would have felt terrible.

We’ve had a lot of Winter this year – so the sun and warmer day was much appreciated. A great day to be outside and flying planes.

Tim
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other planes."
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: September 09, 2015, 08:00:15 AM »

Tim and Dave,
Score cards received here.  Glad you had a good day out flying in the sunshine.  Sorry about the shelf mishap afterwards.  I hope it's all repairable.

Thank you for the update and the great photos.

Any more scores coming in from down under, I wonder?

Cheers,

Mark
ffkiwi
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: September 09, 2015, 06:06:38 PM »

Yes-still have to send mine in-actually flown Jul 4......I  regretfully now have to refer to the model in the past tense as I lost it in a mega thermal 2 weeks ago.....we stopped timing at 10 minutes-it may come home-but somehow I doubt it-I have a particularly bad record for getting lost models returned from Carterton-leading me to suspect the honesty of the locals-and this is a pattern consistent over the past 30+ years for this site.

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
Soc
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: September 10, 2015, 03:28:40 AM »

Yes Mark, two more scores from Melbourne.
Mike Glaister and I made our flights over several days in August,
but there were some missing signatures on my card.
I managed to catch up with the time keeper today.
I'll send scorecard images soon.
Mike flew a Duezio and I had The Dwarf Dip III.
No new pictures to show unfortunately.

Sean
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2015, 07:14:11 PM »

One week left for those in the Southern Hemisphere who might wish to still fly.

Good luck to all!

Mark
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: October 01, 2015, 01:01:24 PM »

With the arrival of October, the competition window is closed for modelers in the Southern Hemisphere.  The window for those in the Northern Hemisphere will open Dec.1 and will run through the end of March 2016.  I have received time cards from four modelers/modellers in Australia and New Zealand.

Mark
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2015, 12:49:44 PM »

Greetings,
This is a reminder to all interested parties in the Northern Hemisphere that the window for official postal flying opens tomorrow, December 1st and runs through the end of March 2016.  Good luck to all entrants.  Photos, videos and reports are encouraged.

Thank you.

Mark
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 52

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: December 12, 2015, 07:43:39 AM »

I finished my My Coupe and it came in at 82g/72g ready to go. I am going to put a thread turbulator on the wing. I shall have it trimmed soon but probably no official flights until our season starts late February
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:54:21 AM by billdennis747 » Logged
calgoddard
Gold Member

Kudos: 23

AMA, NFFS & FAC Member

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: December 12, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »

Gorgeous!
cd_webb
Silver Member

Kudos: 11

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: December 12, 2015, 10:50:24 AM »

Gorgeous!

It is that! I'm betting you'll appreciate the stand-out colors when it's tracking time. Forethought  I should have had...

Do you have any close-ups of the front end?
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 52

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: December 12, 2015, 01:04:23 PM »

Gorgeous!

Do you have any close-ups of the front end?
Well thank you, but a low-res photo helps a lot. In particular, I had a lot of blushing when doping, even when I did it indoors in a warm house. It's nearly all gone but some remains on the red. The fluorescent does not photograph well but I'm a big fan, and is the first thing I see when retrieving. I was told it was heavy so I weighed it - it added nearly 2g so I will omit the tailplane next time.
The front end is entirely standard bent-wire. I wrapped the nose with a few turns of Kevlar thread because the previous model burst apart. I also prefer the non-outrigger blades because the latter bend easily as you can see. Another thing I was told is that outrigger blades may be left to drift in the breeze but I had a couple of dive-ins so I modified the Baron Knight blades for a positive fold.
USch
Platinum Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: January 02, 2016, 12:57:15 PM »

Here some photos to show I did not chicken out.

Model is 98% finished, that means I still have to do a 20% to have it flying  Grin

As on the drawing there is no mention of CG I did not yet glue the pylon in position and will try at least some hand launches to find a decent CG with a SSM of about 50% to have less problems in the climb. Hope that helps  Huh

Urs

Fast up-Slow down
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: