Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 12, 2019, 06:47:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1960s Coupe d'Hiver Postal  (Read 151201 times)
gman
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: October 02, 2019, 11:40:52 AM »

Mike Glaister has been tinkering with his Ferion and refurbished his Deuzios (yet again).
He also built the Matherat design (plan below), but is having trouble with the boom.

I never have got to learn how to "insert quote" but it's the Matherat coupe bit I'm commenting on. I'm sure that, despite AM's assurances, that is not Matherat's model. I reckon it's Sargentini's winner (cos that's what it said on the lovely French (ex Peetee) plan I built mine from. I flew it in the postal this year but found it surprisingly difficult to get to go well. Mind, if Matherat didn't build it he was certainly breathing closely down Sargentini's neck. They were clubmates, and it shows!
Gavin
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: October 02, 2019, 01:27:49 PM »

Unfortunately Gavin is right. The model shown in the Aeromodeller book is the Sargentini version but was drawn by Georges Matherat. I'm surprised it hasn't flown better, give it a 'proper' Gavin bung! Grin

Peter
FF Bruce
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: October 02, 2019, 04:49:57 PM »

Mark I would like to thank you for running this event. I know I can speak for the guys here in Oregon we had a blast. Many have shown interest in building a 60's couple for next year. I say the more the merrier and will do my best at keeping the pressure on.      Bruce
gman
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: October 03, 2019, 05:55:10 AM »

Yes Mark, in the excitement around who actually authored that particular French Classic, I forgot to thank you for running this event this year and for committing to doing it all again for next. I flew it for the first time this year with my long time flying mate Stu Darmon. We had a great time with balsa, spruce, tissue and DT fuse on a day which was much better than our performance. We both agreed that it felt much more like flying in a contest than either of us had expected. We are looking forward to doing it again this coming spring, I might build a Duzio..?
UK flyers please note that you will be eligible for liquid and other goodies if you top "classic coupe" at this December's Birmingham Coupe Event.
Gavin
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 52

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: October 03, 2019, 06:11:29 AM »

Hi Gavin. I haven't competed in this Postal for a couple of years because it has pushed me to build better coupes for our F1G comps and I can't be energised to build a classic just for this. If there was a separate class, maybe. They hold much more interest for me than vintage coupes, but I wouldn't want to fly one in your event, for example because I know I could do better with a newer one.
D/T
Silver Member

Kudos: 4

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: October 03, 2019, 06:14:24 AM »

Mark I would like to thank you for running this event.

Hear, hear! The Coupe Postal fills a void in the dead season for contests, with some interesting designs. Lets keep it going.

Don
Red Buzzard
Silver Member

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: October 03, 2019, 12:21:59 PM »

I can second Bruce Hannah. It was a great day to be outdoors doing what we have fun doing with good friends. Guaranteed it was a long wait to contest time, made shorter by your event. Thanks Mark for hosting and supporting the event.

Bill Swift
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: October 03, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »

Glad to see this postal event will continue. Thank you Mark . Should hopefully  enter this go round.
G GRELL
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: October 03, 2019, 10:09:53 PM »

Thank you Mark for running the coupe postal it has been a great time. Hope to see every one back next year and a lot of new flyers.
Glenn
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 32

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: October 19, 2019, 11:34:57 PM »

RN models kitted the Maverick and the Slats. Supposedly, one could build them for unlimited or for coupe. Does anyone know when each was first kitted or published? Are they worth bothering with?
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Kudos: 75

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: October 20, 2019, 09:13:41 PM »

A 1963 publish date for a very early American C d'H.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: 1960s Coupe d'Hiver Postal

Mark
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 52

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: November 03, 2019, 02:33:42 PM »

Looking at Pouliquen's "68 - 03", but it has an anhedral tail - a major P in the A. Is there any benefit, at all, of an anhedral tail, other than discernibility in a crowded flyoff?!
Mark Braunlich
Platinum Member

Kudos: 75

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: November 08, 2019, 07:51:42 PM »

Hello everyone,
Sorry for the recent absence.  Several personal issues getting in the way.   We will however press on with the 2019-2020 postal with no changes to the rules.  The window for contestants to fly in the Northern Hemisphere is Dec-1 through March 31 of 2020.  So, northern modelers get ready for the annual fun....coming soon to a field near you.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: