Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 19, 2021, 05:39:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Transferring Drawings to Wood  (Read 2185 times)
Jasco
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

United States United States

Aero Ergo Sum

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »

When I was in college, I worked at a black oil terminal on the Chicago Ship and Sanitary canal.  Xylene flowed through 6" above-ground pipes and was the favorite solvent for cleaning sticky fuel oil off of everything. We just opened a big valve and filled a bucket. No one told me how toxic the stuff was.

I'm the same age I've always been.
azzanz
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2021, 02:08:47 PM »

aside of the permanant templates on ceral box card what ive been doing is when i get my plans printed i get a copy or 2 on thick paper and carefully cut the parts out to the inside edge of the ink line then pin to wood and trace with a fine point bic ball point pen. buy cutting the inside edge of the template you dont make oversize parts by the width of the ball point.
and what im setting up to do now is print parts to T shirt heat transfer paper and iron on the patterns directly to the sanded wood sheet, then you have a 100% accurate to the plan outlines.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: