Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2021, 10:54:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trimming out a P30?  (Read 2759 times)
DerekMc
Platinum Member

Kudos: 55

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 05:07:00 PM »

Well done Bill. Fly offs are fun!

They fly better when you smile!
Derek
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 52

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 05:27:34 AM »

Bill

Wasn't it a glorious day. A great bit of flying by you in P30 which showed us 'also rans' the way to go. Unless I misunderstood him, Ivan told me that you also won an outdoor kit scale class - or was this an earlier comp?

Cheers

Peter
billdennis747
Palladium Member

Kudos: 68

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 06:32:28 AM »

Wasn't it a glorious day.
Thanks Peter. Yes it certainly was a great November day. One that made you wonder where all the other 'scale fliers' were.
Now, to begin that replacement Raff V.
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 280

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »

Replacement Bill?     Did you lose a predecessor to the infamous and unexpected Raff V spiral dive?
billdennis747
Palladium Member

Kudos: 68

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 10:25:59 AM »

Replacement Bill?     Did you lose a predecessor to the infamous and unexpected Raff V spiral dive?
Hi Jim, no, it's just laughing at me from somewhere up in a small wood at Luffenham. I've never experienced this dive and I have always got on well with the RAFF V. There is so little wood in it, I can get a reasonable weight. I just noticed the fin camber (which hitherto I have ignored) is for a left turn, but I have always flown r/r. I had my ear bent this weekend that L/R is best but I don't know.
Bill
PS I get the feeling that I met you briefly at Old Warden some years back. Is that feasible?
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 280

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 12:56:26 PM »

Afraid not, Bill.  I've only been there once, long go in the dim past, specifically to take many detail photographs of a Tiger Moth for an overseas builder.   Whoever he was ....   Undecided    Not a modelling occasion.

I fly folders L/R too but in this case I'd ditch that fin camber .. but Vintage rules would frown upon that?   Maybe R/R is best for it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: