Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 22, 2019, 02:09:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: S. Takeuchi Cessna 150L Peanut Scale Model.  (Read 3159 times)
Widdog
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:31:31 PM »

For the benefit of anyone wishing to follow along with this build the plans can be found at this website. http://backyardfactory.net/peanut/?p=148.

Even though the plans are in Japanese they are so detailed that I really think that even I can build this model. I could not find much information online but I did read somewhere that this is a really good flier and a "Good" set of plans.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
S. Takeuchi Cessna 150L Peanut Scale Model.
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:35:10 AM »

I think this model is a tough build. However, the tail and wings seem to have gone together rather easily. So far I guess I would give this kit a Intermediate skill level build. Looks like the fuselage might be kind of tricky though. 
Re: S. Takeuchi Cessna 150L Peanut Scale Model.
Bredehoft
Gold Member

Kudos: 54

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 07:12:17 AM »

call it a 172RG and build it without landing gear Smiley

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/0/2/1/1648120.jpg

--george
S. Takeuchi Cessna 150L Peanut Scale Model.

Pit
Palladium Member

Kudos: 129

Germany Germany

aka staubkorb

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:05:57 AM »

I think this model is a tough build. However, the tail and wings seem to have gone together rather easily. So far I guess I would give this kit a Intermediate skill level build. Looks like the fuselage might be kind of tricky though. 
Great planes by a top Japanese builder/flyer, and it looks like you're off to a good start.  The fuselage will be tricky, especially if you use the wood sizes specified (1mm² and 1mm sheet) and want to come in near the weights achieved by Takeuchi. Eeven 1/20 is "too big".

Did you use 1/32nd for the wing main ribs?

A Dedicated Convert to:
WWWoFF (Wonderfull Wacky World of Free Flight)

Comparing Spammers to a pile of organic waste is an insult to the organic waste!
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »

Wow thanks for the post George!

As far as this build goes well I decided to go with 1/20 " wood. I'm not a contest flyer I'm what the writers at Model Builder magazine used to refer to as a "Average Joe Flyer." I maybe not even be that advanced. Anyway I call myself an Intermediate level builder/flyer. I guess in Hockey I conceder myself a solid D leaguer. I'm a bit too old to play hockey anymore but I do keep score for the league now a days.

Anyway I have reduced 900 Series kits down to Peanut scale and have had some success flying them. http://youtu.be/BeAHGe7i83o . This seems to about the average flights I can get on a calm day. I have a small flying field that is how I got interested in Peanut Scale Models. I learned to really like them but like I have been saying I'm not really quite there yet skill level wise.

I can't find it anymore but I did see a picture of S. Takeuchi finished model. Wow was it cool looking. If I  can find anything more about the designer or model I will post it.

Mooney
Gold Member

Kudos: 30

Whenever possible, fly with the sun at your back

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »

Hi Wid
You might find the photo(s) here on this site.  Happy hunting.   
http://peanut.scale.free.fr/index.htm

PS  I think you're gonna be fine with 1/20th.   You should get a good little flyer with it.

Regards

Moon
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 06:24:42 AM »

Well I did, a long time ago, build the Guillow's Cessna kit. I used kit wood at the time and the model came out a bit heavy. I was probably a teenager and although I thought I knew it all I really didn't know much about rubber powered FF.

Mooney
Gold Member

Kudos: 30

Whenever possible, fly with the sun at your back

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »

The kit wood can be mighty heavy at times in some of the kits.  Just by you selecting from your wood stash and cutting to 1/20th you should be fine.  I'm guessing you'll get performance that surpasses your other builds.

As I have said before, you're doing good.  I never was able to get anything remotely looking like a flight with my stock kit builds from Guillow's.    Not beating them up, I really like'm and still build them.
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 12:37:10 PM »

Thanks for the insights Mooney,

I think you are correct about this model. Looking at these plans I think that they really look lite... I understand how to Pre-shrink tissue. i.e putting it in a frame and getting it wet ect. I use the Mist water bottle method. I used too light of wood on a build and I ended up with a tissue pouch full of crushed lite weight Balsa.

Anyway I have the Sub-Frame of the fuselage finished. Once again I must say these plans are fantastic. Even though the Building notes are in Japanese I'm still able to put this model together. BTW I'm just an Average Joe Flyer so if I can do it...it must be easy.

I have had a taste of success with Scratch Building.  http://youtu.be/Y-LPAfji0uI. I'm totally hooked now. Although I FAILED on my last build attempt a twin motor peanut I am that much more keyed up about getting this kit to fly.

Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »

Great plans the build is coming along well. I'm working on the landing gear now. Its not a picnic but I think I can get them built.
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 07:33:41 AM »

Great plans! This is a totally fun build for a peanut.
Graiskye
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »

Great plans! This is a totally fun build for a peanut.
And that my friend, is the only thing that matters.
 If it puts a smile on your face, your doing it right.
Looking good bud.
-M.

PS: and thanks for the linkup to that Japanese site, I had never visited that one before.
Man those guys can build P'Nuts eh ? There are some seriously crazy Japanese modelers, here another link to some sick Japanese models, check out the 'Dora the structure is almost true scale, its completley insane. Let me find that link.......

http://www.catv.wakwak.com/~mokei/

That should get you too the airplane Gallery,  but if you get lost, the links on the left hand side,in japanese, second one from top is Airplane Gallery, third one is 'the Dora', so special she gets her own section.
 PSS: link just takes you to the site, to get too airplane gallery clik the second link from the top of the page on the left hand side, and then there are like 13-14 models to choose from, they are all stunning.

"When I think of something monumentally witty, Ill let you know, till then you'll have to amuse yourselves."
bobson
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »

Looks good. You could probably save a lot of weight if you made balsa wheels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: