Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 29, 2020, 12:01:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: G300 BBRV  (Read 1115 times)
Pat D
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »

Decided to treat myself and bought a Gasparin G300 BBRV.

Only took a couple of weeks to manufacture over in the Czech republic and the service was very good.

I am hoping to put into a Mike Midkiff Design around the 30" size but the only problem is picking which one ! the more I think about it the more possibilities there are...

Who knows, maybe coupled with a parkzone UMX receiver brick i could have some real fun or even design something of my own...

Pat

Pat D
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:41:14 PM »

pics

Apologies for being upside down - dunno why that's happening  Huh
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: G300 BBRV
Re: G300 BBRV
ffkiwi
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »

Is Gasparin then still making motors to order?  I thought he'd stopped-or is yours a special one-off case...?

ChrisM
'ffkiwi'
Pat D
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 09:54:16 AM »

Hi Chris

No you can still order them directly on the website - see below:

http://www.gasparin.cz/?show=frames&site=co2&page=co2/whatsnew/whatsnew&lng=en

The guy i was dealing with was Jiri Linka - he really is very helpful ([email protected])

There is another site ran through the same person @ http://www.old-engine-model.com/en/k266.gasparin-co2-motory/

This has a few different combinations of gasparin CO2 engines for sale and is well worth checking out

Pat

ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 04:34:50 PM »

Pat thanks for the useful info.  Good to see that they're still available.

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
kpriddle
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:41 PM »

Pat,

When you choose to build something for that beauty, will you make a thread?  I'd love to see what you do with it.

Also, do you know if the G-28 is the BB version?  I would think so because the rear of the crankcase extends rearward beyond the cylinder.  I don't think the G-28 does this.

KP
Pat D
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 03:49:46 PM »

Thanks KP

I will certainly put something up once I get around to finishing a few other little side projects.

I actually have a G28 and you are right it is the bb version which makes it a real smooth runner, i"m hoping to put one into a peck peanut 12" druine turbulent

Pat
Graiskye
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:44:32 PM »

Decided to treat myself and bought a Gasparin G300 BBRV.

Only took a couple of weeks to manufacture over in the Czech republic and the service was very good.

I am hoping to put into a Mike Midkiff Design around the 30" size but the only problem is picking which one ! the more I think about it the more possibilities there are...

Who knows, maybe coupled with a parkzone UMX receiver brick i could have some real fun or even design something of my own...

Pat

Nice motor for sure. Ive always loved Co2 but never had a chance to even see a real motor, gotta purchase one, but I am just a bit strapped this summer. Hopefully work piks up and Ill be flush soon enough.
I also thought that Gasparin were no longer in production.
 I am curious as to what kind of duration can one get out of co2 re:RC conversions.
 Really really like the whole concept but I always thought the duration was quite short on Co2, thus mainly a freeflight option, but I have seen the micro scale on the Gasparin site that are stunning but vastly overpriced in comparison to todays market.
 I almost feel sorry for the guys who jumped into micro when it first became a real feasible reality, like Skyhooks and Gasparin, it was exhorbinant, just really really expensive, so.
I bought one of the first GWS sets I had ever even seen and it was 285.00 for 3 9 gservos a 5gesc and the little 4 channel reciever they make all with micro plugs ala UMX. ooops also got a 7 celll 280mahNIMH battery, it all got stuffed in a GWS Tiger Moth(75.00) and was a great plane, but expensive.
My apologies for going badly off track, back to main question I am wondering about, the duration of CO2 how much can be had these days ?
 Enjoy your beautiful little engines, they really are little works of art to me.

"When I think of something monumentally witty, Ill let you know, till then you'll have to amuse yourselves."
ffkiwi
Gold Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 11:54:17 PM »

Duration should hardly be an issue-there are multiple sizes of tanks available (check out Hobby Club) to suit just about any requirement. If you are wanting to fly R/C with a G3 or a G5 then you're pretty much up against it-but something sensible in the GM63-GM300 range you can mix and match suitable tanks to-up to a point. Obviously tank thermal volumes and heat sink effects start to play a role as you get larger tank masses involved-and I doubt that doubling tank volume for example will double duration-but you can only experiment. If you want to go BIG then the Davis CO2 Cox conversions come up on Ebay from time to time.....
And with the state of R/C gear now, airborne R/C weight becomes almost irrelevant in the overall scheme of things. There are people on this forum flying rubber powered R/C and enjoying it.........

And there is a current manufacturer of a state of the art compressed air motor (Zephyr model motors) of a decent size as an alternative to CO2........

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: