Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 24, 2020, 05:57:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For indoor kit scale??  (Read 480 times)
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:58:52 AM »

I know that this class is well represented and the judging is overburdened but one has to start somewhere.

So I have been looking at the Comet plans for the Hellcat and Corsair. I know they nay be a little on the large size (maybe) but I still need practice and experience in the building field.

Would these be a disastrous choice please?  More keen to take part than anything else - to get much needed experience in competition flying. So thought I would set myself a reasonable challenge, not that I have anything against high wing cabin jobs.
Bryanair
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

Bryan Lea

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 11:55:10 AM »

Tips and advice on the Corsair here:-

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1168439

Bryan
Ex Member

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »

If you were worried about size comet did some 18" to 20"  "warbirds" designs, some of which are scaled up versions of dimes,  so have flat sides with shape top and bottom.  The always look very light and from what i have seen they fly well, although it is my firm belief that Scigs could make a brick fly.  If you haven't seen his builds before, they are variable, but only from fantastic to superb.....

BTW I have the 18" tiger shark kit, and IIRC the plan has no indication of where the rear peg is, so some of the others such as the Hellcat might be the same.  So how can a kit scale judge deduct points for a forward peg if it doesn't show where it was in the first place?  Grin

Andrew
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:37:06 PM »

Thank you very much Bryan and Andrew. The "build" is very inspiring an as you say Andrew it just looks that it will fly!

OK will go with  at least one if these and they are both about 20ins span. I suppose I intend to think all indoor models are diminutive!

Thanks again - but I will be back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: