Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 28, 2020, 11:16:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Veron Deltaceptor Ducted Fan  (Read 5308 times)
gossie
Platinum Member

Kudos: 50

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2020, 01:59:40 AM »

I used the reed motor because it had the spring start, and I knew this particular motor was an instant starter.
I did play around with a Tee Dee that I had several of, and used in 1/2 FF Power, but they never seemed to work as well as the reed job. Or started as quickly.
I was talking to Fredo a month ago......Nothing changes with him, still building, and building, and even a bit more building of all sorts of things.
Fredo lives about 8 hours north of us, and we have been up there a couple of times and taken the jet ski to check out the Keppel islands out in the ocean.
billdennis747
Palladium Member

Kudos: 64

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2020, 06:24:47 AM »

I've never had a go at DF but surely any Cox engine is far better than the intended Dart diesel in this application?
justwannafly
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »

Hi Mike and gossie

Thanks for the input and info on the homemade fans - very helpful. Yeah, I've found that the Black Widow starts within 2 or 3 flicks of the spring starter, every time. The Stinger though in comparison is a beast! Just WAY more difficult to start
Must be doing something wrong Cheesy

I did manage to make a couple of fans now just like the ones that "PE" did, once I got the hubs drilled and slotted buy a local guy. I'll post some pics next time.

That La17 is perfect because it is high wing. So much easier to hand launch - unlike the Javahawk! Grin but that's another story!

Cheers
Sam
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: