Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2021, 12:05:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First P-30 pylon  (Read 690 times)
climber
Silver Member

Kudos: 10

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »

I finished my first modern P-30 pylon.  I'm going for a pop-off wing and installed an electronic D/T into the pylon to release the wing.

The top of my pylon is open so I can reach the battery.  The opening in the photo will be covered over with clear mylar so I can see the
LED which I use to confirm the settings and indicate the timer is running.  The controller plugs into a port at the front of the pylon right beside the rubber band.  At the rear of the pylon is a little  carbon tube the wire slides through.  The rubber band wraps over top the wing and over the wire.  When it D/Ts the wire is pulled in and releases the rubber band.  The pylon complete with battery and everything weighs 7.8 grams. 

The little plastic ring on the rubber band is to allow for a low friction contact between the wire and the rubber band.  I will normally fly with two or three rubber bands.

The rest of the airplane is almost ready. 
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
First P-30 pylon
Tmat
Titanium Member

Kudos: 69

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »

Looks good Craig!

Tmat

F1B guy...
But don't hold that against me!
didierlouis
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 11:06:25 AM »

Hi Craig
Its really good!
What the weight is gone be?
Which RDT receiver is installed?
By the way what is the compatibility between RDT systems.
Whe have a lot of systems, stand alone or integrated. Are they compatible (no mention of frequency  & all in the description). Does it exist any kind of comparison study some :Dwhere?
Take care and good flight
Didier
climber
Silver Member

Kudos: 10

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 03:25:48 PM »

Hello there;

The timer is my own design which I make for my clubmates.  I am using the Ken Bauer RDT.  There's a connector exposed on the other side of the pylon to attach it.   I specifically made my timer to work with the Ken Bauer RDTRX but I think it would work with any sort of unit that pulls the signal line to ground when an RDT signal arrives. 

A weight breakdown for all of the bits:

Spektrum linear servo: 1.5 g
Bauer RDT and lead: 1.5 g
My timer: 0.5 g
30 mAh E-flite battery: 1.35 g
pylon and other bits: just under 3 g

I'm not sure what you mean by a comparison study.  I bought the Ken Bauer RDT after I saw it in action on my Bernard Guest's models who lives here in Calgary.  After trying it myself I've decided all of my higher performance models are going to get retrofitted with new timers and connectors for RDT. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: