Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 25, 2021, 10:59:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just the basics...  (Read 1229 times)
RCW
Nickel Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2015, 10:12:31 AM »

I fly some scale and sport now and then but my love is wings.

Simple elegance with no waste... No hauling around parts that don't pull their own weight.

This is a 30 inch wing with an MH45 foil running a Mega 16/15/4 with a 6x3 prop on 3S2100 lipo pack

It's pure muscle and agility in the air.

https://youtu.be/aIAzC6vXg1c
Hepcat
OOS, January 2019
Platinum Member

Kudos: 280

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 06:18:00 AM »

A very impressive noise rcw, I didn't know electric motors could sound like that.  I could see that, as with most tailless aeroplanes stability was a bit of a problem and I admired your piloting skills as you managed to stop it crashing in those long periods of instability and even managed to land it safely.  I am sure that if you added a fuselage with a tailplane on the end, with your talent, you could get it to fly quite smoothly.
Congratulations
John

John Barker UK - Will be missed by all that knew him.
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 38

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 02:20:22 AM »

A very impressive noise rcw, I didn't know electric motors could sound like that.  I could see that, as with most tailless aeroplanes stability was a bit of a problem and I admired your piloting skills as you managed to stop it crashing in those long periods of instability and even managed to land it safely.  I am sure that if you added a fuselage with a tailplane on the end, with your talent, you could get it to fly quite smoothly.
Congratulations
John

You don't think the high roll rate and going like a bat out of h*** have something to do with it? I hope your tongue is firmly in cheek. I've flown a couple of gliders with configurations like that which were quite stable. As long as you didn't try flying too slow without a rudder, when the adverse yaw was a problem. If you think that was noisy, try listening to something similar that has the prop in the back!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: