Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 16, 2019, 11:31:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Enya 20S engine  (Read 975 times)
Terry Fitzpatrick
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2015, 02:32:37 AM »

Has anybody had any experience with the Enya 20S glow plug engine? It looks like a simple, moderate cost & power output  control line sport engine. A bit old fashioned perhaps, but possible , easy starting and handling. Hopefully not too fussy about fuel & doesn't eat glow plugs? If you have one of these I would like to hear your comments.

regards Terry Fitzpatrick
steve111
Copper Member

Kudos: 1

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:03:03 PM »

Hi Terry

Sorry, it's months after you asked the question, but I might as well answer since I've got one of these. The 20S is pretty much exactly what you suggest. Not the most powerful .20 out there, but very easy starting and handling.  It's not fussy with fuel and doesn't eat plugs. Not much else I can say, really - just a nice, well-behaved engine.

Steve
Ployd
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 07:14:46 PM »

Ditto Steve's comments; will outlast all the trainers you build and you will be able to pass it on to your heirs for them to use.

Ployd in OZ

"So I collect engines, what's your problem?"
ffkiwi
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:40:53 PM »

Yes Enya engines-especially the ferrous ones seem to possess extremely good long wearing qualities and just go on and on-this certainly applies to the 09, 15, 19/20 and 29/35 versions......it would seem to be due to several reasons-the choice of an appropriate grade of steel for the cylinder, crankshaft and cast iron for the piston, coupled with good machining and fitting, and the fact that these are generally moderate output engines, operated at moderate rpm levels.
   Certainly in my experience they vastly outlast the equivalent OS sizes in use-though not having the same 'eye appeal' or power output.

ChrisM
  'ffkiwi' 
Terry Fitzpatrick
Bronze Member

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »

I was starting to think I might be the launch customer for the Enya 20S! Your comments are most welcome. It sound like just what Im looking for. A replacement for my Glo Chief 19 of 45 years ago. The Glow Chief 19 was a bit heavy ,not a lot of power but totally grief free until it wore out in an unfortunately short time. My Burford Taipan diesels didn't seem to have a very long life either. My OS Max III 35 from the same era is still going, so it can't have been totally my fault!.The Glow Chief was always my favourite despite its short life. I no longer have the Glo Chief. If I did I would have it rebuilt.

I will go ahead and order the 20S although there was no stock a few months ago. Ken Enya said they would be available again in a few months. I will probably build the Demon from the plan I bought from Peter Lloyd about 4 or 5 years ago! Thanks for your comments Peter , Chris & Steve.

TheDope
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 04:53:23 PM »

Not of much use to you since I haven't run it yet, but I have the 20TV - the RC version of the 20S. I am, of course, also interested in hearing more about this engine from those who have run it as I bought it for many of the same reasons you are considering it. On the face of it, it seems it's a bored out version of their 15TV.
Terry Fitzpatrick
Bronze Member

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »

Will post details of mine in a couple of months when I actually get hold of one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: