Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 17, 2021, 08:34:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Banana Fritter  (Read 679 times)
Sandgroper
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 20, 2015, 09:52:53 PM »

Hi all,
Our last P30 contest was blown out just like the one before but before it was I made my usual last ditch attempt to build a new P30 and get it under 70g,I should have learnt my lesson after building a KK Dolphin in the seventies but what did I pick to build instead of something leaner with far less calories ? a Banana Fritter.
Instead of cutting the curved leading edge of the tips out of 3/16 sheet or trying to bend a piece of 3/16 sq to shape I laminated the leading edge up from two pieces of 3/32 around a former .
I am still making up a silly putty DT using the tube in tube idea and will cover the fuselage after I have the DT worked out

Cheers

Phil
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Banana Fritter
Banana Fritter
randoloid
Silver Member

Kudos: 9

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »

That's a beautiful bird.  The Banana Fritter has always intrigued me and is on my to-build list.  Please post an update once you've finished telling us how it flies.
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 01:25:15 PM »

Hi all,
Our last P30 contest was blown out just like the one before but before it was I made my usual last ditch attempt to build a new P30 and get it under 70g, I should have learnt my lesson after building a KK Dolphin in the seventies but what did I pick to build instead of something leaner with far less calories? A Banana Fritter.
Instead of cutting the curved leading edge of the tips out of 3/16 sheet or trying to bend a piece of 3/16 sq. to shape I laminated the leading edge up from two pieces of 3/32 around a former .
I am still making up a silly putty DT using the tube in tube idea and will cover the fuselage after I have the DT worked out

Cheers

Phil

I've built 2 Banana Fritters. I made my leading edges similarly, only using an outline of pins instead of a former. Worked fine. Mine came in at 41 grams and 40.5 grams without rubber or DT. Yours shouldn't be much heavier unless you use really heavy wood. Be sure and tell us how it turns out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: