Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 23, 2019, 10:20:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Putting new stuff in a Ripmax Reflection.  (Read 374 times)
MrTin
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »

Last year, my son bought me two trainers of a similar type including a Ripmax Reflection plastic jobby.  I flew it , but the rudder is balanced by an elastic band against a linear sort of servo all built in to the RX/ESC brick that it comes with and it hadn't enough guts to pull the rudder to the left, so I had to give it lots of right and let it re-arrange a slate on the roof of the house!
So I'm wondering if I could replace the flight stuff with an orange Rx. I have, but haven't used yet and a brushed ESC I have so I can keep the brushed motor and battery pack.  Maybe a couple of 9gm servos to do the other stuff. 

Is that sounding doable, gents.  I hate to waste a 'plane.

Cheers,
MrTin
Pops
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Sweden Sweden

So many plans and planes, so little time...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 06:27:15 AM »

Friend,

As long as you can find the space inside the fuselage, the airframe can handle the weight and you can get the CG right, it should be doable, yes. I guess the only limit is how much time and money you'd like to spend converting it. Then again, much can be achieved with a glue gun for attaching RX and servos and monofilament for pull-pull control systems. And, as long as you think this plane is fun to fly, I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't do this conversion - but in the end it's your decision to do or don't.

Brg

Pops

Brg

Pops
Print
Jump to: