Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 16, 2019, 11:32:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supreme Model's Corsair Peanut Scale  (Read 3596 times)
Widdog
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 03:56:07 PM »

Thanks Skyraider,

When electric gear works it's the greatest. When it doesn't it's the worst. One bad component can take out one or all the other components.

Anyway Nick from microflierradio.com is going to check out all my gear and figure out what's happening. I think the motor is knocking out my Timers.

I still like EFF and am convinced if they had tiny Lipo batteries back in the day EFF would be even more popular today.
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »

I just finished emailing AerowreksDPCmodels.com congratulating them on doing such a super job with the Peanut Corsair kit. I had great fun building the Corsair. I could not find anything that would improve this kit. I made this kit for EFF. I would like to purchase another kit and make it rubber power. BTW the kit had the parts to make it rubber power. I don't remember if my kit came with a prop. I don't think it's been determined what size prop it would take for rubber power.
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2016, 12:12:41 PM »

More good news from AerowreksDPCmodels.com. They said soon, maybe as short as a few days I can Purchase a Peanut Hawker Typhoon. A reproduction of the Supreme Model's kit.

I don't know how AerowreksDPCmodels.com is going to do this. Remember I have the original kits and posted the plans in the photo gallery. That was how I got involved in the Corsair project. They wanted me to build the kit and see if I had any problems. I didn't. 

Anyway what I do know is the parts have been corrected. They will be laser cut. The kit will be made by AerowreksDPCmodels.com so you know it will be good.

Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 12:10:56 AM »

I am surprised I didn't get any replies to my post about the Peanut Hawker Typhoon. The plans are in the Plans Gallery. The print wood is there as well. I even built one from scratch. It didn't turn out well and it didn't fly so well.
https://youtu.be/IBMLII_GzbI

Now why am I so excited about the AerowreksDPCmodels.com Peanut Hawker Typhoon?
Well first of all the parts are corrected so they fit together properly. This makes a huge difference. The parts are laser cut. This time I will make the model electric free flight. The good thing about this hobby is its always fun
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 123

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 04:13:42 AM »

Skyraider, are Aerowerkes moving into repro's of WW2 kit subjects as well as your own existing excellent WW1 range? Very exciting news if so, for those of us always looking to extend our range of potential Kit Scale subjects even more.
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2016, 02:43:29 AM »

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n636/widdog/Typhoon%202.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n636/widdog/Typhoon%203.jpg
Supreme Model's Corsair Peanut Scale
Supreme Model's Corsair Peanut Scale
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »

I test flew the Corsair today it did great. Due to Pilot Error I hit a tree. Not this great kits fault in anyway.

https://youtu.be/k4kAiU9GGZo
skyraider
Platinum Member

Kudos: 93

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 10:36:33 PM »

Pete,
Skyraider, are Aerowerkes moving into repro's of WW2 kit subjects as well as your own existing excellent WW1 range? Very exciting news if so, for those of us always looking to extend our range of potential Kit Scale subjects even more.

Yes, I've been doing this for some time now starting with the Comets. Keith's peanut project caught my fancy and wanted
to help him out. Its been a blast ever since. I'm looking into reviving some of the old Joe OTT designs. Mainly the B-17 and B-25
have caught my eye to begin with but OTT has a whole range of subjects to choose from. For me, the plans are great by themselves.
But to have an updated kit go along with it is something else. Just my way of preserving the past with proven designs.

Keith,
     Nice Video.  I'm really amazed the Corsair flies that well. Just wait until the Typhoon arrives. There'll be some fun then!

Skyraider
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2016, 02:16:04 PM »

The Corsair is an excellent Laser Cut Peanut kit. All the kits I have purchased from AerowreksDPCmodels.com have been excellent kits.

Reproduction Laser Cut Peanut Kits. This is Yuge. They are excellent too. I can hardly believe that Monday I will be starting the Hawker Typhoon!

This is the video that had gotten me interested in Electric Free Flight.  https://youtu.be/YRcklHQKaTk 
Now all one has  to do is call microflierradio.com. To get the Timer, Motor/prop and battery.

These ole kits take to EFF great.

Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 07:08:45 PM »

I think the Horizon Hobby Champ motor with gear box is the right motor for these Peanuts. Even though the model is not trimmed in, the motor has plenty of power.

https://youtu.be/3okX0syPp34

skyraider
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 09:40:09 PM »

Keith,
   Very nice flight!!  Nice tight turns and thrilling to see fly.

skyraider
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2016, 04:15:40 PM »

Now that I am confident on what electric gear to use on Peanut models. I am going to start building my AerowreksDPCmodels.com Hawker Typhoon Peanut Model.

Even though I'm just learning EFF. I am having a lot of fun.
Here is video of my C130 EFF hitting a tree.

https://youtu.be/z-mmb7k1oQk 
Widdog
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2016, 08:11:35 PM »

Today was a very calm windless day. I decided to set my EFF timer to allow more time. The Aerowrekes Corsair flew wonderfully. I'm not sure i know what pattern to fly with EFF. I think the model should fly high an than land close to where it took off from. The photography is terrible but i believe it does verify that this kit is an excellent flyer.

https://youtu.be/zR4L_6BDo0E
skyraider
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »

Keith,
   Great job!  She surly has some get up and go. Well done.

Skyraider
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: