Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 05, 2019, 05:46:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eye Dropper Position?  (Read 440 times)
Essem73

« on: September 11, 2015, 02:17:19 PM »

Hi all.
Having never fitted one, I was wondering if there are any rules of thumb regarding the fitting of external eye-dropper type tanks?
It will be feeding an MP-Jet .040 and may have to be mounted up to two inches behind the engine. Is there anything I should know about height of the tank, as in level of fluid above the spray bar?

Thanks chaps

Essem.
Ployd
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:01:34 PM »

Essem73, the closer you can position the tank to the engine the better, but if space is not available then make the mounting adjustable so that the final height fine tuned. Take your eye dropper tank, measure its length including the outlet spout, divide in half and that line should be level with the venturi hole.
The final position maybe a little higher so that gravity can assist fuel delivery especially when the eyedropper is 1/2 full.

Ployd in OZ

"So I collect engines, what's your problem?"
gossie
Platinum Member

Kudos: 49

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:57:57 PM »

Just rubber band it to the side of the fuselage.
Essem73

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 05:42:56 AM »

Thanks Ployd and Howard. I'll take on both of your suggestions and band it until I'm happy then fix it in position.
The MP-Jet runs for around 2 minutes on it's integral tank, which got my Tomboy to eye straining height, but the model it's going in now is a good bit heavier, so I'm after a longer motor run so it can stooge around a  bit longer. The external tank I have should allow that.

Cheers fellas. Much appreciated.

Essem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: