Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 08, 2019, 11:32:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trim PECKS STRINGLESS WONDER  (Read 872 times)
kill-1
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »

Has anyone added a rudder for trim besides the paper one? id like to trim the wonder to fly better indoors in a gym.Thanks Huh
NormF
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 02:30:16 PM »

I would try bending left thrust in the plastic prop hangar. It's simple and you can always bend it back if it doesn't work.

Norm
kill-1
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 06:01:59 PM »

thanks norm, i built a small thin balsa rudder and elevader ill post after i try it.THANKS Grin
mkirda
Gold Member

Kudos: 16

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 03:23:57 PM »

I built one of these back in March to fly at the EAA's FlightFest.

What I found is that they basically don't do well indoors. Any slight bump and they dive for the ground.

I do like the design and would make it again for outdoor fun flying, but wouldn't bother with flying one indoors ever again.

Regards.
Mike Kirda

lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 32

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 12:25:30 AM »

Do they get in some kind of deep stall?  Otherwise, I should think up elevator and a forward c.g. would fix that. But it is a rather weird configuration.
Crabby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 134

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »

Hi Kill 1 no advice to offer just simply to say that the Stringless Wonder is one of the models I refer to as a "blues buster" If you are feeling out of sorts, take her out. If you lose her make another. I made 6 at a time because I was littering the neighborhood trees with 'em, and had to resort to making cheap props from drinking cups...the moral there is don't use you best props on something that you are gonna lose! HA HA HA Roll Eyes

The Threadkiller!
Ara Dedekian
Bronze Member

Kudos: 6

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 09:23:11 AM »

Do they get in some kind of deep stall?  Otherwise, I should think up elevator and a forward c.g. would fix that. But it is a rather weird configuration.

Lincoln is right. I used card stock for an elevator and rudder on my 'Wonder and it needed 1/8" up elevator with 1/16" right rudder to fly. It would stall flying left. The Delta Dart prop/nose piece was shimmed to 1 1/2 degree right and 0 degrees down thrust for it to climb right. A small piece of clay was needed on the tail, but the prop hook could have been moved back instead. It's a consistent and stable indoor flyer with this setup. I used it for indoor flying demos and giving kids an opportunity to fly rubber at the recent Owls Head Transportation Museums model airplane expo in Rockland, Maine. It was a huge hit with the spectators and kids.

Ara
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: