Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 02, 2021, 01:54:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Using monocote, or econocote to cover with.  (Read 549 times)
woodemt
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2015, 07:47:39 PM »

I have just started a Sterling Ringmaster using plans I downloaded and had printed off in a nearby town. Since this will be my first "fuel model", is there anything I should do extra up around the nose section in covering the model? Huh
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 38

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 12:13:31 AM »

You could put some epoxy or fuel proof dope near the nose, before you cover. Especially on the firewall, etc. The coating may help the covering stick better too. If this is a typical "glo" powered model, the oil doesn't burn off but tends to get into the wood. There may be other clever ways to deal with it.

BTW, it's probably a good idea to have something, maybe window cleaner, to get all that goo off your model after flight. You'll need paper towels and/or rags. And make sure you dry out or wash out the rags if you don't want a fire later.
woodemt
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 08:32:53 AM »

Thank You, have a HAPPY Holiday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: