Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 21, 2021, 09:37:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: white lightening 1/2 A  (Read 731 times)
jam486
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »

i was looking at the plan for white lightening in the plan gallery. i have a very lightly used black widow and a golden bee that need homes i know i would have to shorten the nose to compensate for the tank and would have to build up the nose for the mount or use something like brodaks mount. i returned to the hobby last year after 30+ years i have since built a black hawk models polish pzl 11, a sig staggerwing. guillows spitfire and sopwith camel with a os pet .099. i think i am ready to move to building from scratch. would appreciate any comments/advice on modifying the white lightening

jim w
bob werle
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 08:15:09 PM »

I have a White Lightning I finished in April. It is a great flying little plane. Mine is powered with a Brodak mk2 which I am told i about the same power as a good B/W. What you can do is cut back toe top front of the fuse for the mount and leave some of the fuse. under the motor. The plane builds easy and you will enjoy it. If you meant to send me a personal message with your e-mail I can send you a sketch of the front end.

Bob
jam486
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:55:22 PM »

thanks for the answer Bob i thought i might be able to use the mounting system i the attached plan what do you think it also seems to be a good prospect for my first built from scratch airplane since the 60"s

Jim w
bob werle
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »

I think it will be a great 1st project. I love the way mine flys and the build goes fast. The only thing I changed was to use a 1 piece wing and added 2 anti-warp strips rather than cross grain tips

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: