Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 14, 2019, 04:46:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rivers Silver Arrow 3.5 cc  (Read 443 times)
Fourfingers
Silver Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2016, 11:56:10 AM »

Being new to this site, not sure this will yield anything, but here goes ...
I recently got hold of a Rivers S/A with OK compression ( bit soft on slow turn over) and about half mm or so end float on crank.
After some time can now get to fire but it wont really run for anylenght of time.  Using D1000 and. 9 x 4 prop.  (Fuel probably too oily, but better than the other way?).

My Q is would a bit extra nitrate help?  Reading old test reviews, seems it likes a fair bit of dope!

Also at TDC can see daylight beneath bottom of piston through ports.  Not sure if this is in order.  There is a very thin and tatty shim on base of liner - maybe that should be a bit thicker?
Any help or advice most welcome.
Thanks
jpc
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 51

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 12:33:51 PM »

Daylight below the piston is ok because the Arrow had sub-piston induction. Is the fuel fresh? More nitrate shouldn't make it start any better. I assume you've checked the obvious, like gummed up needle valve.
Fourfingers
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 01:11:14 PM »

Bill, thanks for that.  Yes, I did take off the assembly and clean.  It seems to be not original, but working.  That is fuel is drawn in and siphons back if tank is too low.  Fuel is daisy fresh - my PAW sings away on it!
Perhaps I need to play with needle settings and tank level (that does seem to be critical ...).
jpc
Fourfingers
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:12:16 AM »

Rivers snorting like a bull now!  Nearly pulled the bench over .... Just fiddling with tank position and needle settings did the trick.
jpc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: