Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 28, 2021, 10:24:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Yak-17 is made of a porous substrate under a laminate floor  (Read 1031 times)
falanger56
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Ukraine Ukraine

Topic starter
igor

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2016, 11:46:32 AM »

Good evening friends. In any case, we have evening. That's decided to offer to your attention a plane that I made drawings all probably familiar parkets site. This Yak-17. In general, there is nothing particularly new, but I decided to do so, that would be the impeller can be easily removed or replaced. In general there is access to the power plant. To begin, I'll show you some pictures of finished and flying model aircraft. If you have questions and suggestions, you can add a lot of photos. The entire construction process, I have pictured.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
The Yak-17 is made of a porous substrate under a laminate floor
Glenn (gravitywell) Reach
Gold Member

Kudos: 34

Canada Canada

It ain't pretty, but its me!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 07:35:15 PM »

That is a very nice looking plane.  Could you talk a little bit about what it is made of? Smiley

Glenn Reach
The only time you want Guillow's balsa, is when its worth its weight in gold!
falanger56
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Ukraine Ukraine

Topic starter
igor

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 02:02:40 AM »

Hey. If you are interested in outer covering of the aircraft it is done completely plane as follows- tracing paper pasted on PVA emulsion B3, which is diluted with water to the consistency of milk. After drying and grinding of the surface is covered with matt acrylic paint for painting .. work is done with a brush and roller. If you are interested in constructive, ask and I will show more.
Bill G
Silver Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 08:02:26 PM »

Nice job on a lesser modeled subject.  Looks much cleaner than many foam builds I've seen. The floor under layment is certainly an original material.  Always like to see new methods of construction.

Just flew my 24" span EDF40/Hyperion 5300kv inrunner Yak 23 today.  I built one from sculpted foam years ago, and always wanted to build another lighter and more scale version.  This one is built using keel and former framing with 1/32" sheeted balsa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VkcS3HmL7I
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: The Yak-17 is made of a porous substrate under a laminate floor
Re: The Yak-17 is made of a porous substrate under a laminate floor
Konrad
Titanium Member

Kudos: 39

Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 09:22:19 AM »

Guys, On this side of the pond would this material "porous substrate under a laminate floor" be known as "cork"?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/QEP-200-sq-ft-1-4-in-Cork-Underlayment-Roll-72000Q/100645274?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CTHD%7CG%7C0%7CG-VF-PLA-D23-Laminate%7C&gclid=CjwKEAjwm_K_BRDx5o-sxq6ouXASJAC7TsFLB67WzANmbYEeNbBumWPiU-kQseUqpoJc2Bsc4-MpWRoCKTPw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Love the models!

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
Copbait73
Gold Member

Kudos: 10

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »

I like seeing your models. I too have modeled the Yak-17 and Yak-23.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: