Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
January 27, 2020, 07:19:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: engine cutout  (Read 434 times)
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 54

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2016, 01:10:25 PM »

Hello engine experts.
I need to make an engine cutout to work on a Mills diésel (although that should not be relevant)
I made up a couple of ideas.
1. A copy of the two holes in two tubes that line up when rotated, as on a Mills cutout. Didn´t work. I thought the holes were big enough - maybe not
2. A T-piece with the extra leg clamped off with a clothes peg. When opened, I expected the engine to run on the fuel in the pipe. It didn´t

Ultimately I will be using an electronic timer with small servo and I need something that will not overload
thanks
Bill
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 02:54:14 PM »

Bill

Have a look at the mechanisms on Mike Woodhouse's website - http://www.freeflightsupplies.co.uk/ under timers and this'll give you some idea of a squeeze off device.

However, I understood you'd asked Den for a slow run-down facility and this would need something like an RC throttle.
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 54

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »

Thanks Peter.
I have one of Mike´s valve shut-offs but it may need too much pull to trigger from a servo. I´ll see when I try it
Bill
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 48

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 04:44:38 PM »

it may need too much pull to trigger from a servo

Bill

Use a mousetrap as all the power modellers do for fuel shut-off. Hopefully someone with a servo operated fuel shut off will post a photo here............hello John  Cheesy
DavidJP
Titanium Member

Kudos: 47

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 05:43:10 AM »

I have seen mini servos operate on the fuel tube successfully using the soft tubing.  But care will be needed to get the travel right so as not to,stall,the servo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: