Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 22, 2019, 10:09:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comet Spitfire  (Read 516 times)
bobson
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2019, 03:55:12 PM »

I built this one in a few days from the Hip Plans Gallery plans to compete in the dime scale "Battle of Britain" event in Glastonbury, CT, with Spitfires, Hurricanes, and 109s entering. Came together really well, with a few FAC-legal modifications: one piece wing, beefed up nose block, slightly more dihedral. Tail size is as shown on original plan. 9 grams empty, with 3 grams of nose weight; it's covered with white esaki on the bottom and tan Easy Built tissue with green Sharpie pen on top.

With 1/8" washout in each wing, it was tip-stall-free. Easy to trim out with 3/32" rubber and a 6" Peck prop, parts fit well. I'd highly recommend this model, nice to see all the other dimers indoors, and I hope to see more in the future! I'll post a link to a video when I get it uploaded.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Comet Spitfire
Comet Spitfire
Comet Spitfire
Comet Spitfire
Comet Spitfire
Comet Spitfire
vtdiy
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 04:26:13 PM »

Thant looks really great, and sounds like it went together really well. I like the look of that Sharpie job. I may see you in Glastonbury!
bigrip74
Gold Member

Kudos: 11

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 05:19:18 PM »

Nice, job on the spitfire. I really like the brown tissue with the sharpie camo, your method gives me an idea for the future.

If it aint broke dont fix it!
skyraider
Platinum Member

Kudos: 93

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 09:59:06 PM »

Excellent job bobson! I got the ME-109 on the to do list coming up
shortly. I like your camo style on this bird.

Skyraider
bobson
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 07:25:20 AM »

Thanks everyone! Can't claim originality for the camo idea, which was an adaptation of John Ernst's lettering and insignia style with pens, but it was easy, no fumes and looks good. vtdiy, that would be cool! I'm going to try to make it back there later this winter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: