Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 28, 2021, 10:34:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Banana Fritter #2 Goes Bye Bye  (Read 1058 times)
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »

Yep, I got bit. At my field, if I get drift after launch, it goes somewhere between west and south 95% of the time. 4% of the time it goes between east and south. This time the 1% got me. After making 3 circles, some oddball bit of breeze made it turn to the northeast and go straight for a ways. Then it began to circle again. Unfortunately, it went behind a tree and never came out. I went to look for it and discovered the foliage below the trees was made from 90% thorny plants. Much like roses, but without the pretty flowers. After much fruitless searching I guessed the plane had come down in the parking lot of the building behind the trees and someone walked off with it before I could get up there. No, I didn't have my name and contact info on it. (don't preach) I'm starting another one, but losing this one hurt. It was my best flyer. Dt wouldn't have helped since it would have been set for longer than the flight was. Anyway, link to shaky video below. Sorry about the focus going in and out, but my camera doesn't like open sky as a background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRLcTqcFM4
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 192

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 06:47:44 PM »

Bad luck. It's really annoying to lose a good flying model. Good luck with the new one.
John
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 06:41:13 AM »

Thanks, John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: