Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 19, 2019, 06:19:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Props for Telco and Humbrol  (Read 635 times)
Martha
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2017, 04:17:10 AM »

Sorry, but despite searching the web for the answer, I am in need of further advice please (again).  The props fitted to a Telco and to a Humbrol Mach2 that I was given some time ago are both very much 'home made' and look to have been carved to suit the model the motors were last installed in.  Going by the prop fitted to a G63 that I have, those fitted to the Telco and Humbrol are probably well undersize.  Please could someone advise on the prop size range (and possibly the optimum rpm) that I should be aiming for with these motors? Is there a manufacturer type that gives the best results - I note that Gasparin quote performance using a GWS prop in many cases?
union model
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »

I wouldn't be to concerned about optimum RPM / propellor combos for co2 engines.
The Shark/ Humbrol engines used a copy of the 5  1/2" 'Williams Bros' props.

Which ever prop is fitted to your G63, the standard Telco  prop works well.
The Telco prop was 5 1/2 x 6" The standard Telco (from quoted instructions) should run for no less than 45seconds 3500 RPM @ 20 degree temperature.

If you run a Co2 engine fast, they use more gas, which leads to the motor icing up in typical cooler UK weather.
I'd build your model, play around with various propellors and see which give the best results without hitting the indoors ceiling.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:56:51 PM by union model » Logged
DaddyO
Platinum Member

Kudos: 61

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:50:41 PM »

Hi Martha
Union Model is correct. I've got some single bladed 'duration' props which were specifically for extracting the longest run possible on a Telco around 10 -12" diameter (The airframes that went with them were also pretty big!)

If you can't find anything suitable pm me your address and I'll drop a couple of the original Telco props in the post to you (I've got a box full of Telco's and various CO2 bits in the loft)

Cheers
Paul

There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is already full
ffkiwi
Gold Member

Kudos: 20

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 07:45:23 PM »

Martha-go and look at:    http://www.hobbyclub.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=120&zenid=22f140708f4bc153eb699724bfd7e05a              which should satisfy any and all requirements for suitable CO2 props. Yes-they're in the states-but you can't have everything.....

ChrisM
 'ffkiwi'
Martha
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 04:11:01 AM »

Thanks all for the replies.  ffkiwi - love the humour!  DaddyO, thanks for the kind offer, fortunately I have a good model shop close by and I know that they have a good range of indoor e-flight and Gunther props, so armed with the info from Union Model I should be ok. 

I have a model all but ready for the Modela (a much-lightened Little Deer) and a Tomtit that is ready for me to start on that will be for either the G63 or Telco depending on which I can fix most satisfactorily, so at the moment I am only needing a prop for checking out the Telco and Humbrol Mach2 motors. What to use the Humbrol motor in is as yet TBD - its layout may determine the model it will suit rather than the other way around. At least these little 'planes are a lot quicker in build than the CL Tucker Special that I have just finished - I started on that at the end of the summer!

Thanks again
Alex
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 56

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »

I've had around 3 Mach 2 motors, 2 NIB and none of them ever worked properly! If yours is ok, I would frame it...

Cheers and good luck,

Dan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: