Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 18, 2022, 12:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Indoor Flying With The O.F.F.C.  (Read 12443 times)
kittyfritters
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2020, 01:45:55 PM »

Tim,

Here is a picture of the man, himself, at his workbench.  (We all design on computers now, don't we?)

Howard
(KF)
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Indoor Flying With The O.F.F.C.

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
kittyfritters
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2021, 12:00:40 AM »

YES, the OFFC is back in business as an indoor flying club.  The City Parks Department has let  us back into the Stonehurst Rec Center gym...but with a few conditions.

We are officially known to the City as the “All Year Model Airplane Club.  We are open to anyone, not just senior  Black Sheep members (Well, we always have been.)  They charge us a facility fee of $15 per person for three months, payable at the Park Director’s office.  That’s $5 a month which is not bad for facilities fees these days.  You must provide proof of Covid vaccination and a photo ID when you sign up.  We are supposed to wear masks in the gym.

Our first contest since the shutdown will be on Wednesday, December 29, 2021.
The event is "ROG Almost Unlimited (no plastic or condenser paper covering)".

You can fly any rubber-powered FF indoor model you like, as long as it can make an unassisted take off from the floor.  Unlimited attempts for your two best flights (unless airspace crowding limits the attempts).

Airframe dimensions, prop size, landing gear configuration, and construction materials are open (except that plastic film and condenser paper coverings are not allowed).
In celebration of this rebirth of the OFFC, Bill Watson himself will serve as CD for this inaugural contest.

Remember, we meet in the Stonehurst Recreation Center gym each Wednesday at 9am for aviation discussion and indoor model flying. .

kittyfritters
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2022, 12:18:32 AM »

The O.F.F.C's Ed Slobod Memorial ROG Almost Unlimited Contest took place on December 29th.  Everything flown was some manner of ROG stick model, except the winning model, Joe Whiting's Legal Eagle,  the only full fuselage model flown.  I was busy flying the models I brought, prototypes of the Skinny Bomber and Ascender (the Side Effect just wasn't flying that day.) so I didn't take any pictures, but other people did and Dave Gee used them to make up a page on the contest for the Black Sheep Exhibition Squadron newsletter which I have attached. 

My models, not intended to be indoor models, were getting consistent 50 - 59 second flights under the 22 foot ceiling but were not competitive against the dedicated indoor models.  I finished 6th out of 7.

KF

kittyfritters
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2022, 01:40:23 AM »

The resumed schedule of the O.F.F.C. monthly contests continues. Due to maintenance in the gym the contest was held February 2nd.  I had the embarrassment of my brand new Minnow refusing to fly.  I borrowed a spare Minnow from Dave Gee, who brought several of various vintages, and, at least, put some time on the board.  The report page on the contest from the March Black Sheep Exhibition Squadron newsletter is attached.

KF

kittyfritters
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2022, 01:47:30 AM »

The February contest, Delta Dart Built On-Site went off on February 23. The weather was nasty the day before and weather reports anticipating that it would continue kept the attendance down.  This was unfortunate since, while all the contest are fun, this one is singularly enjoyable.  The report on the contest from the Black Sheep Squadron newsletter is attached.

KF

kittyfritters
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2022, 12:45:42 AM »

The O.F.F.C. contest for March was for Embryo.  Once again a doctor's appointment took precedence and I was not present.  However, Dave Gee provided enough information for an O.F.F.C. page in the Black Sheep Exhibition Squadron newsletter and I have attached the page.

KF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: