Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 13, 2020, 11:51:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P-30 props  (Read 3668 times)
applehoney
Titanium Member

Kudos: 279

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2018, 09:55:53 AM »

Well now, a plastic P30 prop is tougher than an equivalent diameter thin balsa one so unlikely to be damaged in an unplanned 'arrival' ...  and using 'roll out' nose blocks I haven't broken a wooden prop in years ;    other than once fumbling a launch and dorking a Senator at full torque   Cry
Crabby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 137

United States United States

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2018, 11:36:55 AM »

I was thinking about the unlikelihood of having to change a prop in the field because its inefficiency to drive the plane, I am not a P-30 guy, my choice of plane for my first P-30 is the Spitfire version...that should tell you enough! Scale guys go through a lot of prop changes. But if you are saying a 9.5 plastic prop is gonna push this thing through the air, enough said. I am not worried about breaking it, that's really not likely!

The Threadkiller!
DerekMc
Platinum Member

Kudos: 53

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »

In many years of P30 flying I've broken one prop.  A friend left his model box open on a hot Lost Hills day and his p30 prop softened in the heat and added a noticeable amount of pitch!  Actually it was full on bent.  I don't leave them in the hot sun after seeing that Smiley

They fly better when you smile!
Derek
edwinzea
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2020, 02:52:01 AM »

Hey Guys

I am plannig to build my forst P30, I am gathering materials but I cannot find much on Propellers (I am  glider guy Tongue)

I was wondering  what kind of propeller do I need? and could someon point me to a seller/shop in Europe where to get propellers for P30?

Thanks in advance and Happy flights

EZ
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 49

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2020, 03:14:55 AM »

I have found the Chinese orange props to be very good. I used to buy them from Banggood, and the postage isn't much.

Peter
Tapio Linkosalo
Platinum Member

Kudos: 30

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2020, 03:26:33 AM »

I have found the Chinese orange props to be very good. I used to buy them from Banggood, and the postage isn't much.

They are indeed. More recently I bought from some source (cannot remember which, in China anyway. Could have been HobbyKing) grey props that are almost similar, except that the trailing edge tip corner is rounded. But I suspect they come from the same mold anyway.
Bredehoft
Platinum Member

Kudos: 56

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2020, 07:20:50 AM »

...grey props that are almost similar, except that the trailing edge tip corner is rounded. But I suspect they come from the same mold anyway.

To solve the mystery of the Orange/Gray Chinese props:  Orv Olm asked me years ago where I got the orange props (with the pointy tips) as he wanted to use them in his Gizmo Geezer Prop Assemblies.  I told him who I dealt with.  He had them change the color to gray and round the tip.  They are from the same source.

--george

edwinzea
Bronze Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2020, 02:37:56 AM »

Hey Guys thank you for the replys. I found a shop in the UK with nice plastic propellers

@PeeTee do you have the link or the name you used on Banggood? I cannot find any propellers for freeflight

Regards

EZ Cool
PeeTee
Titanium Member

Kudos: 49

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2020, 04:57:50 PM »

Hello EZ

Banggood is a HongKong supplier of just about everything from clothes to R/C parts. I had a look a little while ago but there is such a selection of parts for model aircraft that I gave up!
You'll find the address on all the search engines.
Peter
gman
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2020, 02:00:05 AM »

I can't remember where I bought my "Chinese Orange P30 props" from but these are the same

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5Pcs-DIY-Quadcopter-Plastic-Propellers-Prop-9-Inch-for-RC-Airplane/133263361820?hash=item1f071d871c:g:ECcAAOSwrk5e0HZ1&redirect=mobile

€3 for five of them post free, you can't loose...

Gavin

Tapio Linkosalo
Platinum Member

Kudos: 30

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2020, 02:41:28 AM »

They might be different, as at least Volare lists the props in 9", 9 1/2" and 10" sizes. I browsed the net a bit and seems that the availability of 9 1/2 in props is a bit low. So maybe go to Volare and buy from there?

https://volareproducts.com/blog/?product=12-chinese-prop

gman
Bronze Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2020, 04:35:38 AM »

Sorry, my mistake, I meant to search 9.5". Try these:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5pcs-Orange-Plastic-9-5-17mm-Hub-Thick-RC-Airplane-Propellers-Vanes/362791382206?hash=item54780d2cbe:g:7eoAAOSw7RJekcGP&redirect=mobile

I've just ordered two of the gray (sic) ones from Hong Kong, so they are out there.

Gavin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: