Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 17, 2021, 10:08:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guillows Edge 540 Free Flight NZ  (Read 843 times)
Minotaur65
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2017, 06:16:26 AM »

Here's a link to my flight testing of the Guillow's Edge. More work to be done... but promise showing: https://youtu.be/Rwoi85CbqU4
p40qmilj
OOS, June 2021
Platinum Member

Kudos: 29

Canada Canada

love that P40Q

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 06:34:32 AM »

Grin  that looks about right. if you want some good fliers the guillows 500 series blown up to 20 tio 24 in wing spans and all wood frames works great. what part of NZ are you from? I have family there.

jim Grin

Jim Norfolk CA - Will be missed by all that knew him.
dieterperiperi
Silver Member

Kudos: 7

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 07:02:09 AM »

Peter. Your videos are awesome and the Edge flies well. I never had any flights as good as that. This has now inspired me to get mine up and running again.

Well done
Minotaur65
Bronze Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 07:11:49 AM »

Peter. Your videos are awesome and the Edge flies well. I never had any flights as good as that. This has now inspired me to get mine up and running again.

Well done
Hi, I'm happy to know that you feel like that. I really do believe the Edge has the capability to fly well. It was managing to climb on some earlier flights just before the crash occurred, and apart from the dropping left wing, seems relatively stable in flight. When you get your's up and running rig up a camera to record it. I'm using a small video camera now... but a couple of rubber bands to attach a cellphone to a tripod works too!
Minotaur65
Bronze Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 07:16:02 AM »

Grin  that looks about right. if you want some good fliers the guillows 500 series blown up to 20 tio 24 in wing spans and all wood frames works great. what part of NZ are you from? I have family there.

jim Grin

Hi Jim, I live in Auckland. It's a pretty spread out city, but luckily has lots of big parks suitable for flying. I haven't tried the 500 series yet... I'm interested in slightly bigger wing-spans in future.  I think the Edge has good potential to fly for quite a bit longer, I'll be keen to try again when the weather plays ball. Thanks for the tip on upscaling. cheers Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: