Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 07, 2020, 04:56:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Did You Do Airplane Wise Today?  (Read 113937 times)
MKelly
Platinum Member

Kudos: 104

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2275 on: July 31, 2020, 11:45:07 AM »

Thanks Ricky and Bill.  Bill, the prop is laid out based on a Don DeLoach formula and blank given in his prop-carving article from the Sep 2008 Flying Models.  I calculated the width and thickness for a 6", 1.4 P/D prop with a 12% blade width using Don's formula, then resized the blank drawing to match the calculated dimensions.   This is pretty much the same prop I used on the Wicko, just a smaller diameter.  Hopefully it won't be to much pitch for the model.

Mike
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: What Did You Do Airplane Wise Today?
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 186

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2276 on: July 31, 2020, 06:56:10 PM »

Very nice Mike - the trousers really set it off. Interesting point Bill re the prop area. It would be easy to do looking at the prop blank layout.

John
Bargle
Gold Member

Kudos: 22

Ignore
« Reply #2277 on: August 02, 2020, 03:31:30 PM »

Finishing up a new Cloud Hobo (AKA modified Cloud Tramp) due to my poor showing (again) in the yearly Charles Grant Memorial Flight. I had made a new wing since last year, but flights were still disappointing. I suspect the old one is just too heavy and I think I don't have enough up elevator built in. So, on to a new one.
pedwards2932
Gold Member

Kudos: 17

Ignore
« Reply #2278 on: August 03, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »

I am tracing out the parts for a Guillow Fokker D7 in Inkscape for laser cutting.  Has anyone here built one of these?  I am doing a few things to lighten it up with fuselage formers.  I may add some lightening to the tail section as well..  I wanted to have a go at building a biplane and just picked one of the discontinued Guillow versions.
TheLurker
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2279 on: August 06, 2020, 04:23:16 PM »

Tinkering with my VMC Osprey to see if I could reduce the AUW by providing a proper ballast chamber instead of the rolled acetate tube bodge I used when I built it.

- Most of the old ballast removed. Some left in the NB, it will be needed so leave it in as far forward as possible,
- Ballast Chamber fitted
- Tail dowels removed, empennage now glued in place.

Initial trimmed weight is now 22.2g a reduction of some 2.4g on the previous arrangement.  Expect I'll need to add a touch more weight when it comes to glide testing, but should still come out ahead.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: