Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 01, 2020, 10:04:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2019 Black Sheep Squadron Pearl Harbor NoCal Contest  (Read 151 times)
kittyfritters
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2019, 02:13:41 AM »

Well I could have sworn that I made a post inviting everyone to this year's Pearl Harbor NoCal Contest but I can't find it so I may as well just report.

The Pearl Harbor NoCal contest was held on December 13 at the Boy's and Girl's Club in Sylmar.  This was the best venue we could obtain this year and we used it despite the looming presence of the infamous "Sikorsky" fan (Photo attached) on the ceiling.  On my best flight I managed to contact the fan twice without damaging the model or ending the flight.

There were, as usual, more models than modelers, but we had fun anyway and the competition was spirited.  The selection of subjects was dominated by the Japanese this year with three Zeros and a Val.  There were two Wildcats, a P-40, my Brewster Buffalo, and Dave Gee's B-12.  Gary Acord's P-40 is the very pretty all Depron foam version that has flown very well in the past but was off trim this night.  There was the issue of the legality of all foam NoCals but the CD accepted it.  It took Dave a while to get the B-12 trimmed but it turned in a surprisingly good performance.  I flew my F2A with the landing gear that I had attached for the OFFC NoCal contest in October.  The 10 second ROG bonus was in effect but looking at the score sheet it was obvious that the finishing order would have been the same without it.  

The results were:

• 1. Bill Watson        Zero              184.12
  • 2. Don Smith         Wildcat          117.48
  • 3. Pete Basone      Zero              109.10
  • 4. Howard Littman  Buffalo           104.70
  • 5. Dave Gee          B-12                95.20
  • 6. Don Butman      Wildcat             73.40
  • 7. Luke Napier       Zero                70.30
  • 8. Gary Acord         P-40                20.00

Don Butman also brought a Val and a Zero but they did not do as well as his Wildcat.

All the contestants received the traditional box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
2019 Black Sheep Squadron Pearl Harbor NoCal Contest
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 03:04:56 AM by kittyfritters » Logged

Qua sublata omnia praecepta legis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: