Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 22, 2019, 02:07:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
News: Help Support Hip Pocket Aeronautics Builders' Forum and Plan Gallery

You can help support our forum and gallery
by having plans printed by Ratz.

Details and Feedback here: Help Support the Forum & Gallery - Plan Printing

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slow 220 E36  (Read 468 times)
Sandgroper
Silver Member

Kudos: 8

Australia Australia

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2017, 06:45:45 PM »

The latest in my little fleet of Clarkson SLOP formula inspired models is the Slow 220 E36. The design is essentially a 62% Slow 520 Mk 2 with a few bays removed to reduce the span down to 36"and a different pylon and front end to suit the electrics.The fishing pole carbon fiber spars are 3.2 mm at the root and taper to 2.4 mm at the tips.Not knowing how strong or stiff the spars would be I went a little overboard with the wood sizes and hardness so the wing came out at 47g covered in Microlite (Solar Lite) which is 13 g heavier than my Litespan covered Pearl 202 wing.The motor is the C 20 2050 kv turning a 7 x 5.5 Gemfan with a 12 amp Plush ESC and a 360 mAh Nanotech battery, the timer is infra red programmable and made locally by Paul Rossiter. The front fuselage is covered with 40 g sq/mt glass cloth doped on and the rear end has the same treatment but using 18 g glass cloth,the finish is Wattyl one pack epoxy. Weight is a little heavy at 210 g all up but if it doesn't perform well I can always stick a glow up front.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Slow 220 E36
Slow 220 E36
Slow 220 E36
Slow 220 E36
Slow 220 E36
Shackas
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 08:45:23 PM »

Nice work! I particularly like the carbon tubes at fore and aft of the pylon. Neat.
Is it going to make an appearance at next year's Nats?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: