Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 28, 2021, 10:16:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guillows Edge 540 latest rubber powered outdoor flights  (Read 748 times)
Minotaur65
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2017, 04:33:33 PM »

Hi All... summer is now here in NZ and it's time to dust off the models. Here are recent flights of my Guillow's Edge 540. This is a really challenging model to fly under rubber power. I've managed some flights in the 25 second range now. Link to my video on You Tube.
https://youtu.be/sQK-uM9dACk
flyinryans
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:01:41 PM »

Thats pretty darn cool. I have always wanted to do an aerobatic plane as free flight but figured it was too hard. Looks like you have it flying pretty good to me.
Minotaur65
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

New Zealand New Zealand

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 02:52:06 AM »

I would recommend giving it a go. I was interested in the flight characteristics of this design since my other free flight models have glider type wings or are high winged cabin type planes like Super Cubs etc. I don't think this plane will ever glide for any long period of time after the rubber motor has run out. I also find the mid-wing design makes it difficult to reinforce the wing/fuselage join as any internal bracing will interfere with the rubber motor. The wings being knocked off has been a big issue. I can't figure any easy way to make the wings knock-off to prevent damage. It tends to attract attention when I have it at the park on the ground, so it's great that it's actually flying now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: