Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 24, 2019, 06:12:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
News: Help Support Hip Pocket Aeronautics Builders' Forum and Plan Gallery

You can help support our forum and gallery
by having plans printed by Ratz.

Details and Feedback here: Help Support the Forum & Gallery - Plan Printing

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: determining appropriate electric motor rating and esc value  (Read 373 times)
joeskies
Copper Member

Kudos: 0

Nigeria Nigeria

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2018, 03:44:15 PM »

Huh
how do i determine the appropriate rating of my electric motor that will provide useful power, enough thrust, and its corresponding sutiable ESC rating? (& batteries also) 
strat-o
Gold Member

Kudos: 6

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 04:21:19 PM »

how do i determine the appropriate rating of my electric motor that will provide useful power, enough thrust, and its corresponding sutiable ESC rating? (& batteries also)

You can probably discover most of the answers to your questions by reading this thread:

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=22747.0
Yak 52
Titanium Member

Kudos: 60

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Free Flight Vagrant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 04:59:41 AM »

It's not really possible to help you without knowing more about the plane you want to power.

- What size and weight is it?
- Is this free flight or radio control (you've posted in the free flight section)
- What style of flying do you want? Aerobatics? Trainer? Long flights? Racing aircraft?

From this information you can work out what approximate thrust you will need and then you can make decisions about which motor and prop including what KV and how many battery cells. Then the ESC and battery is chosen to provide appropriate current (Amp) rating and flight time.

The more information you can provide about your model, the more help you will get.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: