Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 18, 2019, 07:56:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comet Senior Dipper  (Read 500 times)
PaulBrad
Gold Member

Kudos: 36

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »

After finishing the Comet Senior Dart, I decided it would be nice to build its stable mate the Senior Dipper. Like the Senior Dart, the Dipper has a 24" wing span. The Dipper has a lower aspect ratio parasol mounted wing, so it sports more wing area. The fuselage is wider and the tail surfaces are also larger than those of the Dart. Both models have lines that let you know they came from the same stable.

Due to weather in the northern hemisphere this time of year, I have not been able to fly either the Dipper or Dart. I did manage a few hand glides of the Dipper during some lulls in the rather constant wind we have this time of year. Those hand glides look very promising. I am looking forward to getting these models in the air under power.

Like the Senior Dart, the Dipper is covered with ink jet printed tissue. Without rubber, the model weighs 35 grams. I do expect to have to add a small amount of nose weight when the rubber motor is inserted in the fuselage.

To build the model I did redraw the original kit plan. That was done to allow for some minor structural design changes, and to facilitate placement of the drawing on sheets of printer paper. The plan package, an illustrated assembly guide,  covering layouts, and the parts set up for printing on iron on transfer paper can be found on my web site for free download. Go to parmodels.com and then navigate to the downloadable plans section followed by the CAD drawn Comet plans page.

Paul Bradley
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Comet Senior Dipper
Comet Senior Dipper
Comet Senior Dipper
Comet Senior Dipper
skyraider
Platinum Member

Kudos: 93

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:36:50 PM »

Paul,
    Great job!  Did you move your website? The one I have on file says "404 not found".
Could you provide an updated link please. Thanks in advance.

Skyraider
skyraider
Platinum Member

Kudos: 93

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 11:45:35 PM »

Found it.  I think most of my links are outdated. Will have to go through
and update ASAP.

Skyraider
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 177

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 03:05:39 AM »

Very nice Paul. It certainly has a 30ish look to the nose and tail areas. The prop suits it.

John

PS I have just downloaded the plan and the other pdf's. All I can say - apart from admiring your draftmanship(as another old draftee) is thank you for the effort you have made in redrawing these plans and providing colour print masters and parts print outs.

Good on you.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:46:43 AM by OZPAF » Logged
Balsa Ace
Gold Member

Kudos: 25

Canada Canada

FAC Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:01:40 AM »

Great work,Paul.

Scott

Hawker Sea Fury FB.11