Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 08, 2019, 10:27:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone recognize this canard design?  (Read 779 times)
abyssdncr
Bronze Member

Kudos: 7

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »

As I was cataloging stuff I've had squirreled away for years, I found matte board templates for this guy in one of the file folders with no other documentation.  The SE5 had me scratching my head, so I figured I'd take a break and slap one together "for the kids..."  

The doggone thing flies pretty decent for what it is. I'm still learning the ropes for the best launch technique, but I got a couple flights in this evening that were over 30 seconds around dusk.

Anyways, I searched all I could here, at Outerzone, and the Plans Page with no luck, so I figured I'd see if anyone recognized it.  I know I built one about 20 years ago that was fun, but it wasn't this nice of a performer. I thought it might be interesting to see if I even built it "right", lol...

Thanks,
Brian
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Anyone recognize this canard design?
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Kudos: 26

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 03:55:55 PM »

Is this one from the model aviation mag put out by the AMA ? Just wondered maybe early 1993 or so.
abyssdncr
Bronze Member

Kudos: 7

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 04:16:40 PM »

Entirely likely, but I honestly don't remember.  Many moons ago, we had a hobby dealer at the local flea market that kept great stock of kits, supplies...and used model aircraft magazines.  Every week after work on Saturday, I'd go down, rifle through his two tables of offerings, buy 3-5 copies at $0.20 per copy, and go make photocopies of everything I liked or thought I might want to build some day.  Next week, trade in last week's purchases for $0.10 per copy, wash, rinse, and repeat.  All I could figure was that it came from that era of life since it was definitely a high school / early college first build, especially since I couldn't find it on any of the usual plan pages.  

I usually filed away the source article with the plans, but I guess not so with this one.  Your proposed release date sure is in line with that timeline of events.  
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 04:26:22 PM »

It is possible I might find the magazine and will let you know
FLYACE1946
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 06:58:51 PM »

This came out in the August 1947 issue of the Model Airplane News. Sorry this took so long to research.

It was called Canard Glider.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: