Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 28, 2021, 10:39:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AIR CAMPER 18" Dumas kit # 231 Flight Reports  (Read 4228 times)
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Kudos: 28

Canada Canada

Topic starter
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2018, 10:20:44 PM »

AIR CAMPER 18"  Dumas kit # 231 Flight Report Mar 18 2018

Well boys, I think I just had my best all around flying day yet, ever - no endurance records - just all perfect flights ( after it sat all winter! ).   The wind earlier in the day was 14 mph gusting to 22 mph, so I waited til an hour before sundown hoping that the wind would die down.  And die down it did - 7 mph gusting to 11 mph and 57 deg F, and still sunny.
My photographer wanted to film a video earlier in the day, but then had other things to do.  I had about 25 flights and I got 24 pics right into after sunset, when it started to cool off and I could tell the rubber was getting cold.   All of the flights were on about 60 turns of my 15:1 winder = 900 turns.  I never got greedy and never broke the rubber motor that was there from last year ( I had spares made up with me though ).     Two strands of  3/16" rubber, each strand is  12"  long,  and the prop hook to rear motor peg is 6.5".    ( This is a heavy motor - it also runs just fine, and longer flights,  on  1/8" rubber ).
LASTWOODSMAN
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
AIR CAMPER 18" Dumas kit # 231 Flight Reports

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 10:23:37 PM »

AIR CAMPER 18"  Dumas kit # 231 Flight Report Mar 18 2018  (cont)

On all of the launches, the little "Gypsy" just glided out of my hand effortlessly, like she had been just itching to perform.  All of the flights were about 25 to 35 seconds in nice, small, circling left flights, of about  1 1/2  to  2 1/2  circles, nice and low and never got too high above the trees, and I was launching downwind on the leeward side of the trees in the Cricket Wicket in Jackson Park, Windsor, Ontario, Canada.   It did crash into a spruce once, because I had moved over too close, but never got stuck and no damage.  As usual, I was going for in-flight pics, and had to scamper into postion to try to get good ones.   I got 21 good pics out of 24 pics.
LASTWOODSMAN
Re: AIR CAMPER 18" Dumas kit # 231 Flight Reports

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 10:26:49 PM »

AIR CAMPER 18"  Dumas kit # 231 Flight Report Mar 18 2018  (cont)

This parasol wing plane is the "Standard Bearer" for me.  I have smashed it up a few times, and repaired the damage, and she keeps right on flying.   So I had a very rewarding, therapeutic flying session, and the "hot" Italian sausages are almost cooked, and I am hungry.  I think I reall like this hobby!   If only I can get a scale biplane to fly ...  Bad weather coming up for a whole week now - in the 20s deg F at night, and only in the 30s for a high during the day - plus snow!   But it is not even the Spring Vernal Equinox yet, and I just had a great start to the flying season.
LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:30:49 PM »

AIR CAMPER 18"  Dumas kit # 231 Flight Report Mar 18 2018  (cont)

Hey guys, get those winding stooges built - there is nothing like fast stretch winding a rubber motor in a winding stooge, as compared to finger winding ... you are back in the air before you know it !   And don't forget a hank of rubber ( I ran out last year - Dollarama elastics do not work), prop wire hooks, thrust buttons and "Crocket Hooks" for the motor, from George Bredehoft at Volare.   I kept telling my dog "Trapper" - "just one more" ... over and over ...   I highly recommend building this parasol wing laser-cut kit from Dumas - it flew right off the table - I only had to balance it for the glide, and add a little downthrust shim to the nose block for a little more climb at initial power burst, and that was it - she was all trimmed up.  It was a pretty  close call, when a little toddler boy went running up to my plane after it landed, with me yelling "NO NO", and his Dad grabbed him just in the nick of time ... And Trapper was a good boy, just laying there in the cool grass, taking in all of the action in Jackson Park.
LASTWOODSMAN

OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 192

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 11:02:04 PM »

Nice pics and what a evening of flying.

John
dputt7
Titanium Member

Kudos: 102

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 12:36:35 AM »

Well Done, sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 03:42:12 PM »

Thanks mates.  This 18" Aircamper holds my record - a mere 62 seconds. LOL I have smashed it up a lot, repaired it a lot, and the little "Gypsy" just keeps flying like champion!   Cheesy   Guaranteed flying therapy - if the wind cooperates that is ...  Smiley
LASTWOODSMAN

rgroener
Platinum Member

Kudos: 32

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »

Lastwoodsman, great photo report!
It's inspiring to see you flying your nice Air Camper. The Air Camper was my first peanut, therefore its always nice to see other camper flying Smiley
62 seconds is very good in my opinion. I would have been very happy to get half your flight time out of my 18" Dumas Citabria.

Keep on flying high!

Roman
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 07:16:40 PM »

AIR CAMPER FLIGHT SAT APR 21 2018

Well, after the test glides and flights this AM with the heavy braided motor, I put in a  3/16" motor , two strands each strand is  11"  long, prop hook to rear peg is  7".     Went back out at 3:45 PM,  54 deg F, winds 6 mph gusting to 9 mph, humidity 28%. 
     Sure enough, the Cricket Wicket,  with its nice protective circle of large trees that cut down the wind, that Wicket was full of Cricket players, so we sneaked into Windsor Stadium through the hole in the fence.   The wind was coming from behind the huge concrete Grandstands, and was really turbulent and wreaking havoc and blowing every which way.  I got in about 11 flights.  It was hard trying to launch it because the wind was always changing.  I actually got three straight flights each 45 degrees to each other.   Huh    The third last flight was a straight one that kept going and going and going, straight into the soccer goal net crossbar - thank God there was no damage - quite the loud crash sound.  A few flights were 3 or 5 seconds when a gust of wind drove the plane down into the grass.  I could not really figure out anything to solve the flights.  It sure was not flying in nice circles like it did before.  Sad

PIC #1     8642  JUST TO RIGHT OF KENNEDY HIGH SCHOOL
PIC #2     8643  HIGH BANKING TURN
PIC #3     8644  FLYING HIGH AROUND THE FOOTBALL FIELD
PIC #4     8645  WINDING IN THE STOOGE

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »

AIR CAMPER FLIGHT SAT APR 21 2018  (cont)

At the sidelines, towards the old Band Stand and Cricket Wicket further behind that, there is a long grassy berm about six feet high, and the Groundhogs have a little colony in there, with about 8 holes in this grassy earth berm.  On the other side of this berm is a maintenance yard (which is all fenced in too by the way) with a lot of junk piles and the old abandoned Band Stage where the bands used to play in the old days.  The Cricket Wicket is even further back, and beyond the fence that separates it from the Maintenance Yard.   So, anyways, on what turned out to be my last flight of the day,  the Air Camper has a mind of its own ( or the wind ), and it is flying right straight out of the football field, and flies straight right out towards the old Band Stage and right over that high earthen grassy berm and out of sight !!!  I ran over there, looking all around the junk piles, and around the yard and even around that Band Stage, and could not see it any where - very puzzling.   Huh Huh

PIC #1   8646   TAKING DEAD AIM FOR THE MIDDLE OF THE SOCCER GOAL CROSSBAR
PIC #2   8647   STRAIGHT OUT OVER THAT GRASSY BERM ON LEFT
PIC #3   8648   BURIED IN THIS RUBBLE IS AN AIR CAMPER PLANE
PIC #4   8649   JUST A WING STICKING UP (AND TRAPPERS LEG TOO)

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 07:24:19 PM »

AIR CAMPER FLIGHT SAT APR 21 2018  (cont)

Then I kept looking over that long pile of rubble running right along in behind that groundhog colony earth berm, and finally I see a yellow wing way down in a hole amongst a big tangled pile of concrete parking lot curb blocks.   Shocked   To my surprise again, there is no damage.    Roll Eyes   Then I decided to call it a day, as I was bushed from all that long distance running and walking around.  The signs were ominous, that it was time to quit !
      Instead of blaming it on the wind, I think I will make a new stab and rudder, because it is getting harder and harder to steam that crooked stabilizer straight.  LOL   Cheesy

PIC #1   8650   PLANE IS DOWN IN A HOLE OF CONCRETE CURBS
PIC #2   8651   GRASSY BERM, PILE OF RUBBLE,  OLD BAND STAND, AND CRICKET WICKET FURTHER BACK
PIC #3   8652     TRAPPER AND STOOGE
PIC #4   8654     TRAPPER LAUGHING

Keep 'em FLYING !
LASTWOODSMAN

ffadict
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 03:58:27 PM »

That is a really beautiful plane lastwoodsman. It makes me really grateful to live out in the country after seeing all all of those trees and piles of concrete. Oh well, you have to live with what you've got.

Paul
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 05:48:50 AM »

Very adventurous flying Richard. BTW - did you check the CG after the repairs? Inconsistent trim is a pointer to instability, however in gusty conditions it's hard to see what is really happening.

Did trapper find it? Smiley

John
vintagemike
Gold Member

Kudos: 10

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »

Hi there, just a couple of things~ was the dog casting an opinion? secondly what are these references to "soccer" in addition to football?Huh!!!! (LOL) it seems that on that side of the pond you must have some other game?
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 07:18:23 PM »

Hi John.  I did balance it properly after the repairs.  It took the same ball of clay on the tail skid wire, as was on before the repairs.  That wind was really gusting and in all directions, coming over those huge concrete grand stands.  I meant to say that I had 3 straight flights all  90 degrees (not 45 degrees) apart.  No, trapper did not find it - I finally saw that wing tip sticking up from in that hole of tangled concrete parking blocks, after really searching everywhere ...  Undecided    - I would have like to have seen just how that plane augured itself down there into there like that - with no damage - very strange indeed!   Huh   Undecided
     Hi Vintage Mike - yes, it depends on which side of the pond you are on.  LOL  Over here, our "Soccer" is your "Football",  and over here, our "Football" is your "Rugby", even though we do have "Rugby" sports teams over here.  Trapper WAS trying to say something ... LOL   Undecided   He is my overseeing "Flight Officer", and "Winding Stooge Supervisor"  - I think he was laughing at the whole ordeal at the end ...  He is a good dog - just stays put when I tell him, and he never goes after a plane, or the squirrels or rabbits in the park - now, pheasants and ducks on the other hand ...   Smiley
      We had a big morning flying this AM - 21 flights - the longest of 35 seconds - will post the pics and flight report shortly.  The Air Camper "Gypsy" flew beautifully !!   It really pays to keep trying ...
KEEP 'EM FLYING
LASTWODSMAN
Richard

OZPAF
Palladium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 08:27:43 PM »

Well that's good to hear the little Air Camper repays your efforts! That side of the pond has it all wrong Richard Smiley There is only one football where I come from Rugby League Smiley - which is not Rugby - Rugby is Rugby Smiley. Soccer is our term as well for their footy! Our Footy is Aussi Rules Smiley

Of course they wouldn't have these problems on the far side of the pond if they didn't drink warm beer Smiley Smiley Smiley

I hope we are all confused now Smiley Smiley Smiley.

Have fun.
John
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »

AIR CAMPER  18"  FLIGHT REPORT APRIL 23 2018

I got to fly in the Cricket Wicket today this morning - no Cricket players.  I got out at  9:00 AM,  48 deg F, winds from the NE at 11 mph, gusting to 16 mph, only 61 %  humidity.  After the first flight of "porpoising" climbs and stalls, I took all the weight off of the rear wire skid, and flattened the little cardboard tabs on the stab, and it flew just fine - the longest flight was 35 seconds.  Got home at  11:45 AM  and it was  61 deg F.
     I had 21 flights, 31 pics, crashed into trees three times (minor tissue damage), and the gusty wind drove the little plane full song into the grass a few times right after launching it.

These are my best 12 pics.
PIC #4   8661
PIC #6   8663
PIC #7   8666
PIC #10   8669
PIC #11   8670
PIC #12   8671
PIC #15   8678   AIRCAMPER IN HAND AND STEARMAN FLYING ABOVE
PIC #16   8679
PIC #19   8682
PIC #20   8683
PIC #21   8684
PIC #22   8685

LIST OF PICS
PIC #1  8655
PIC #2  8658
pic #3  8660
PIC #4  8661
PIC #5  8662
PIC #6  8663   SPITFIRE AND HURRICANE IN THE BACKGROUND

LASTWOODSMAN
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:46:40 AM by LASTWOODSMAN » Logged

LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »

AIR CAMPER  18"  FLIGHT REPORT APRIL 23 2018  (cont)

In this flying session, I actually learned the most I ever did about flight trimming.  This stuff can all be learned, if only the weather would cooperate enough, to actually  get out flying for good, long, experimental flight sessions.  I also learned to keep a little log after each flight.
     I tried 3 motors,  changed the clay weight, and adjusted and flattened the stab tabs.  I learned about different size motors and how their different weights affects the CG.    And I tried two different props, which really showed one prop to be superior.    I also learned that putting on a long, long, motor does not really improve anything - it seems the plane just lands with half the winds still left in the motor.  I also learned to watch for nicks in the rubber when stretch winding the motor - a lot better than having it explode on you inside the fuselage.  And I really learned to launch straight downwind on the leeward side of windbreak trees.
     The highlight of the day, was, because the winds were out of the NE, was the arrival of, right after Flight #14, and because the airport had to use a different runway, what comes flying by above, but,  the yellow Stearman bipe from the Historic Hangar - website here  http://www.ch2a.ca/.    It did a circle,  flying right over the Wicket.  I took some pics, but it looks pretty small in the pics, but I got one good one PIC #8678 -  a pic of the Air Camper in my hand, and the Stearman in the blue sky background just above it.
  This is the same Stearman that I got a ride in the front open cockpit from Aaron, the Hangar pilot, during which, I took pics and posted, the "Stearman Flight Pics Tour of Windsor/Detroit Area Sept 9 2017" in 'General Discussion' here http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=23104.0

PIC #7  8666
PIC #8  8667
PIC #9  8668
PIC #10  8669
PIC #11  8670
PIC #12  8671

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 07:34:53 AM »

AIR CAMPER  18"  FLIGHT REPORT APRIL 23 2018  (cont)

FLIGHT LOG (cont)
     I used a two strands of  3/16" rubber ( one loop ) each strand is 10",  rubber motor to start, but I saw a nick in the rubber when winding after Flight #14, changed to a long 18" motor, for flight #15, switched from this to a 12" motor for flight #19.
FLIGHT LOG
#1   450 winds   Climbing and stalling and porpoising  -  10 sec
#2    I took all of the clay off of the wire tail skid, and bent the stabilizer tabs even.   570 winds =  30 sec flight
#3    450 winds = 10 sec
#4    600 winds = 15 sec   nice tight circle, right into the leeward side of a spruce tree - no damage.
#5    I took off the red  7"  high torque prop and put on the  6" gray eliptical prop.    450 winds =   two 5 second flights of climb and stall and climb and stall
#6    I put the re  7"  prop back on.  I launched this one more straight downwind.    600 winds =  30 sec perfect high fllight of one circle left, and a little right turn at the end upon running out the rubber.
#7     600 winds = 35 sec   Launched straight down wind, only got a very slight left turn going almost straight to the end, and the motor was not run out - it still had 150 turns on it.
#8     600 winds = 31 sec At first, the plane was driven down by a gust of wind into the ground in 3 seconds.  I picked it up and launched with what wound rubber was left and I got 31 seconds.
#9     585 winds = 25 seconds.  It did a full circle and right into a spruce branch, with a slice into the top right wing tissue.  Field Repair - scotch taped it up.
#10     600 winds = 27 sec Got a very close pic - full circle with a little right hand turn at the end.
#11     600 winds = 20 sec  Complete circle, lands behind me - closest pic.

PIC #13  8672
PIC #14  8676
PIC #15  8678    YELLOW STEARMAN BIPE FLYING ABOVE
PIC #16  8679
PIC #17  8680
PIC #18  8681

LASTWOODSMAN

LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 07:45:03 AM »

AIR CAMPER  18"  FLIGHT REPORT APRIL 23 2018  (cont)

FLIGHT LOG (cont)
#12      600 winds = 20 sec  circles high and back behind me (close pic), and was trying to split the two big spruces, but hit the second one way up high - no damage - I had 270 winds left on the rubber.
#13    600 winds = 26 sec   A large half circle way out there.
#14    600 winds =  tried a flight into the wind -  NO NO driven right into the ground - launched it again with what winds was left in the rubber = 15 seconds.  

When winding for the next flight, I noticed a "nick" in the Rubber Motor - 'just in the nick of time' - and I removed that rubber motor and cut it up.

#15     This time I put in a big  18"  motor.    900 winds = 12 sec flight where there was way too much "porpoising", probably because of the extra weight of that long motor, so I removed the clay weight from the tail skid wire      
#16     Taking off that tail weight really worked!!  900 winds = 32 sec with a good launch.
#17     900 winds = a big half circle right up high into the trees and I did not even notice the ripped tissue under the wing, from the plane really tumbling a long way down through the branches under power.  
#18     900 winds  =  20 sec  one circle
#19     Switched to a  12"  motor.   600 winds = 21 sec  one and one half circles.
#20     600 winds  =  15 sec THIRD CRASH INTO THE TREES It flew way up in a high 3/4  circle, and crashed into a huge spruce, three quarters of the way up, and came tumbling down through the branches under power.
#21     525 winds  =  15 sec  It was flying low and I got a pic of it right in front of me.  Little did I know, there was a gash in the tissue on the underside of the outer right wing.

PIC #19  8682
PIC #20  8683
PIC #21  8684
PIC #22  8685
PIC #23  8686

So, that's my little story.  I decided to go home.  I had again put the little "Gypsy"  through enough punishment for one day ...

KEEP 'EM FLYING !!   Roll Eyes   Shocked   Smiley

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

bsadonkill
Bronze Member

Kudos: 7

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 11:24:13 AM »

Very nice Air Camper, my guess is that's another Dumas kit? Looks like you need to keep it in tight turns to stay on the field. Grin
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2018, 12:47:23 PM »

Thanks Don.  It used to fly in nice perfect circles.  Eleven 11 mph wind is tough though.  I have to launch it downwind on the leeward side of a big clump of Spruce trees, when the wind is out of the NE - the wind is usually from the NW.  The wind is still really blowing through that big circle of trees because there are no leaves yet.  Yes, the whole object is to get tight circles, and not higher than the tops of the surrounding trees - there are WINDS ALOFT !!!   Grin    Of course, all of this wind makes for some exciting flights.  LOL  albeit more repairs to do ...  Wink

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

flyerinokc
Bronze Member

3rd Rate Hack Builder at your service!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 02:55:16 PM »

Richard, I have enjoyed reading about your Air Camper flights. You did a beautiful job on the airplane.It was interesting how your airplane handled the wind and I see you have a 4 footed recovery crew to help locate lost airplanes.  Wink  

I recently bought the Dumas DH89 Rapide kit (Pat Title design) and plan on starting it if I ever get my current projects finished.  The average wind speed around here is 11 to 12 mph so I do have some concern in that area.  Having a little more weight and  twin electric motors should give me a little advantage over your Air Camper.  FF rubber band power airplanes were my gateway into the hobby. 5 or 10 years ago I rebuilt my first airplane I ever built from downloaded plans. An old Comet design of a Ryan SC. It came out a little neater than all those decades ago when I was 10 years old. One of my current builds is a somewhat larger stick built airplane a VK Models Dr.1 from an early 70s kit I was given. It came partially built but I had to fix a few minor mistakes and continue the build along with substituting some new wood in some areas. I swear the spruce and bass wood in the kit was petrified it was so hard and just as heavy. Still, stick building can be a lot of fun!  Grin

Mike

Known menace to aerial navigation
LASTWOODSMAN
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 07:29:00 PM »

Hi Mike - thanks for the nice reply -  it is ALL FUN, isn't it ...  That is some pretty heavy wind there in Oklahoma.   We get very few low wind days here in Windsor, Ontario / Detroit, Michigan area.  Today was one of them, and I flew the Air Camper AND the Rearwin Speedster  -  I posted the pic highlights in "What did you do airplane wise today".  Now I have two flight reports to write up plus all the other pics - a very stellar day for me that's for sure !!!
     Mike, I have been eyeing that Dumas DH89 Rapide kit (Pat Tritle design) for a long time myself ...  How about you show me how to build it first ?    Smiley    I am bogged down in kits and plans, that I know I will never be able to build ...   Undecided   Undecided

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

flyerinokc
Bronze Member

3rd Rate Hack Builder at your service!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 08:34:37 AM »

Hi Mike - thanks for the nice reply -  it is ALL FUN, isn't it ...  That is some pretty heavy wind there in Oklahoma.   We get very few low wind days here in Windsor, Ontario / Detroit, Michigan area.  Today was one of them, and I flew the Air Camper AND the Rearwin Speedster  -  I posted the pic highlights in "What did you do airplane wise today".  Now I have two flight reports to write up plus all the other pics - a very stellar day for me that's for sure !!!
     Mike, I have been eyeing that Dumas DH89 Rapide kit (Pat Tritle design) for a long time myself ...  How about you show me how to build it first ?    Smiley    I am bogged down in kits and plans, that I know I will never be able to build ...   Undecided   Undecided

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

I can relate! I have two projects on the bench right now I need to get finished both are close to the clovering stag but not quite there yet. Then I have a 1/5th scale Ryan SC project started and I have Graupner JU-52 I have been staring at about the same amount of time as the Rapide. I won't admit to how many other projects are waiting in the wings. Lets just say my projects run the gambit size wise and are all either scale or fun scale, electric or glow.  With a power assisted glider and a few FF under consideration.

Known menace to aerial navigation
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: