Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 19, 2019, 10:51:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Having fun with UMX Radian  (Read 317 times)
Ministick7
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2018, 07:15:59 PM »

Hello, all,
I am having fun flying the micro electric Radian. With its built in stabilization, I have been able to fly in 15 MPH gusts. Amazing technology. Last evening I was all by myself at our rural flying field, and my flight path took the Radian in front of the almost full moon. Awe inspiring. The sun was almost set. How beautiful.
Just received a Hyperian 1000W charger and a MAX AMPS 1150 Watt power supply. Now I have to learn how to use them! Also received and have not yet flown an E-Flite Sukhoi -SU29MM. 1.1 meter wingspan. It has 3 levels of stabilization, so I can "wean" myself from depending on it as I get more comfortable with my skills and the equipment.
Thank you for your help so far. I will be building some planes before too long. The Sig Fazer deal fell through--probably a good thing. I will keep you informed as to my progress. Happy flying and thanks again.
Konrad
Titanium Member

Kudos: 38

United States United States

Measure twice cut once

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »

I was reading this and thinking WOW 1150 watts for a UMX! Shocked

Then I recalled who you are and your project. Cool

Now please don't think that the stabilization systems will turn this high performance aerobat into a basic trainer. Stabilization should be thought of as a means to expand the flight envelope (post stall and/or higher control rates).

All the best,
Konrad

Cut it twice and it's still too short!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: