Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 19, 2019, 01:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kit Scale 2019 Models  (Read 11518 times)
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Kudos: 34

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2019, 06:37:41 AM »

The Halberstadt is flying so well and it seems that your incidence setup is working. It would be interesting to see how lower incidence settings would work. Actually if it is relatively easy to change the tail it may be best to add a bit of positive incidence(very small) to trim the model to fly at a lower AOA, while still retaining the difference between the 2 wings. This would also add some down thrust effectively and may need the CG moved back slightly to regain the glide?

It may be worth trying this with a tab on the tail, slightly deflected downwards to see if this would help.

I think you're probably quite right John.  If tweaking the elevator does the trick (along with down-thrust and CG changes), then that's an awful lot easier than de-bonding the wings!

Long-term, the Halberstadt is probably going to be a KS model rather than a competitive Peanut class one - so stability and realism of flight needs to be retained.

Started a build thread here:  https://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=24238.0
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 122

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: May 01, 2019, 06:56:45 AM »

Jon, on your Halberstadt build thread, would you prefer to put the whole thing on altogether without any interruptions, or are you happy for us to chip in with queries between your posts? (Just asking before I wreck it.)
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Kudos: 34

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2019, 07:09:12 AM »

Pete

Thanks for asking, but - as you guys know me by now - I always treat my own threads as open conversations, so totally welcome comments and contributions.  Do chip in... no need to leave crowbars and wrecking-balls by the door!  Grin

Jon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: