Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 16, 2019, 08:55:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good video of two different Embryo's in flight.  (Read 2124 times)
Sundance12
Model Airplane Builder
Global Moderator
Platinum Member

Kudos: 70

Canada Canada

Topic starter
MAAC #25680, VE4BDF (amateur radio callsign)

« on: February 10, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »

Here is a bit of video link that has some fine flying of a couple of embryo's in flight from the Thermal Thumbers of Metro Atlanta. http://www.thermalthumbers.com/Embryos_at_N_Cobb_HS.wmv

Bruce

Video no longer available... Bad link. Please disregard.
BF
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:01:26 PM by Sundance12 » Logged

Resources and tools for scratch builders and plans builders.
www.northof49tech.com
Maxout
Titanium Member

Kudos: 95

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 07:23:04 AM »

Of note, I've seen both of those models in person and they are both very impressive flyers. The yellow one is a Puzzled Bird by Brook Dixon and holds the GA Cat I embryo record, while John Barker's model holds the state Cat II embryo record. John's model uses a very large prop.

The Cat I record held by the Puzzled Bird is a three flight total of 6:07, while John's Cat II record is 5:42. My impression is that it's harder to get good times in the Cat II site for some reason. My models do decently there, but Brook's model seemed magnetically attracted to every obstacle in sight the last time I saw him fly it there.
Broken Strands

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 02:04:17 PM »

Thanks Bruce, Enjoyed the vids! Never knew flying Embryos indoors was practical until I saw this forum. My ignorance is boundless. I just happen to have a gymnasium and an Embryo so will now combine the two.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: