Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
April 22, 2019, 06:01:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
News: Help Support Hip Pocket Aeronautics Builders' Forum and Plan Gallery

You can help support our forum and gallery
by having plans printed by Ratz.

Details and Feedback here: Help Support the Forum & Gallery - Plan Printing

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lidberg Little Bit CO2 to Electric  (Read 390 times)
tnjeff
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2018, 10:12:12 AM »

Hi everyone. When I was rooting around in some boxes post-move, I found a plan for Lidberg's Little Bit for CO2. 24 inch wingspan and 84 sq. in. area, 15 inches long. I know nothing about electrics but I thought it might be fun to use  the E20 electrics that the Willamette club offers on this. My one specific question for now is how to mount the motor. I've looked at some pics on the E20 thread and it looks like there are a variety of mounting methods.  The fuselage in front of the pylon on the Little Bit is only about an inch long. I guess the battery and timer could go on the pylon.

I haven't built anything for a few years so I'm re-learning some techniques. Last thing I built was a One Night 28 that I neglected to put a DT on, so I no longer have it  Smiley. Anyway, I'm kind of excited about the Little Bit. Any input at all would be appreciated.
I could post a partial pic of the the plan if that would help. Not sure about the legality of posting plans. The one I have says "Model Airplane News Jul., 1981 Reprinted with Permission".

Thanks,
Jeff
dlasich
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:10:26 AM »

Here's a picture of what I came up with.  I glue the motor to a Popsicle stick using Gorilla glue.  A piece of shrink wrap also holds it firmly.  The motor stick is attached with one screw to the fuselage as a pivot point, so I can loosen and rotate to adjust the thrust angle.  In the picture you can see I also use a shim to get some left thrust.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Lidberg Little Bit CO2 to Electric
tnjeff
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »

I like it. When/if the motor goes bad you just glue up another one I guess. Easily removable and easily adjustable. Exactly what I was looking for. I was concerned that having the motor hanging off of the front instead of "recessed" into the fuselage would cause balance problems but apparently that is easily dealt with, if it's even a problem. Thanks dlasich!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: