Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 12, 2019, 04:34:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spoked wheels tutorial  (Read 1581 times)
Indoorflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 15

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2018, 01:01:18 PM »

George- submissions do not automatically appear. Admin will release it.

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Kudos: 43

Greece Greece

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »

Oh, ok, thanks!

I guess then he will have a couple of submissions to choose from for release Grin

At least this clears it that I did not make any mistake while uploading (or so I assume...)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:43:44 PM by g_kandylakis » Logged

scale free flight & micro RC
Indoorflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 15

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 01:42:46 PM »

Appreciate all your efforts here, documenting your nice tutorial.  There have been a number of very useful threads, builds and tutorials, etc here on HPA, worth saving as a stand-alone document. There is a way to save the text portion of a thread (as a pdf) using the PRINT button at the far right hand side of the "header."  Unfortunately, images do not get inserted in the document.  (see attachment below)

If you use the Google Chrome browser to view HPA, you can right click anywhere within the page and select "print" from the popup menu.  You will have the option of saving as a pdf.  In your tutorial since it is contained within one page, every thing will get printed in the resulting pdf including the images.  If a thread covers several pages, this exercise can be repeated for each page of the thread.

This is a "clunky" way of creating a save-able pdf, but it is a quick and dirty way around having to use Adobe Acrobat, or searching through the forum to find what you want...

Kudos to those authors who make the effort to actually create a new "portable" document!!

(other forums, for example Stick and Tissue  have a similar "Print" button on the page, which automatically includes the images in the saved document)
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Spoked wheels tutorial
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:55:48 PM by Indoorflyer » Logged

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
TheLurker
Gold Member

Kudos: 24

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 02:40:51 PM »

George, do you charge for autographed copies?  Smiley

*Waits with bated breath for Ratz to get a wriggle on and approve the submission*. 
g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Greece Greece

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 06:01:54 AM »

Of course I do. Nothing comes free in this life  Grin

Apparently I was doing something wrong (how unusual  Cheesy) and I only managed to properly upload the file just now. So it will take Ratz some time until he sees it, but it should work out ok this time.

Indoorflyer,
you might be right about ther being easier ways. But it was not so difficult for me either. I just copied the text from the posts, pasted it in Word and inserted the images. Two advantages: I was able to edit the pictures the way I wanted (size and crop), plus I was able to see and correct the countless remaining spelling errors I did not notice during my second reading. It is a good thing I did not become a professional proof reader. I wouldn't be there for long... Wink

Anyway, I hope the tutorial will serve its purpose...

George

g_kandylakis
Gold Member

Greece Greece

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 05:42:11 AM »

Although already downloaded by a number of people, just to close the matter of the tutorial, it is available here:

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_plans/details.php?image_id=10617

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: