Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
October 15, 2019, 01:30:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2019 Elastic Launched Glider  (Read 5163 times)
Olbill
Titanium Member

Kudos: 67

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2019, 10:28:28 AM »

I used Mr. Gowen's design  I had trouble getting the gliders to 40 ft, but one of them was barely able to make it.

I've hit the 60' ceiling at Kent State several times in a row with mine (unfortunately).
jdpsloflyer
Bronze Member

Kudos: 3

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2019, 10:54:44 AM »

2nd place flight at nationals had a total of about 108 seconds, averaging 36 seconds a flight. I used Mr. Gowen's design

Terrific!  Great achievement especially when you make your own modifications to a winning design!  Congratulations!
Olbill
Titanium Member

Kudos: 67

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2019, 01:39:59 PM »

2nd place flight at nationals had a total of about 108 seconds, averaging 36 seconds a flight. I used Mr. Gowen's design here. I scaled it down to 30cm wingspan because of the 2019 rules. I also made both stabilizers a little bit larger and I made the wing chord wider by 1/4 inch(?) as well. I had trouble getting the gliders to 40 ft, but one of them was barely able to make it.

Unfortunately, I only have a low quality video of the practice flight :\.

Great job!
AC01010
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2019, 05:22:47 PM »

I used Mr. Gowen's design  I had trouble getting the gliders to 40 ft, but one of them was barely able to make it.

I've hit the 60' ceiling at Kent State several times in a row with mine (unfortunately).

I tried but mine just wasn't able to take the high launching speed. Some of them even broke so that kinda forced me to take it easier on the launches, didnt want all of them to break the day before competition :| I'm pretty sure it was because of my flaps, they could have been attached better.
AC01010
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2019, 05:27:10 PM »

2nd place flight at nationals had a total of about 108 seconds, averaging 36 seconds a flight. I used Mr. Gowen's design

Terrific!  Great achievement especially when you make your own modifications to a winning design!  Congratulations!

Thank you! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: