Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
June 18, 2019, 04:59:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PLAIN PLANE 17 7/8" Howard Littman kit Rubber Powered Free Flight  (Read 1478 times)
stovebolt
Bronze Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2019, 02:02:43 PM »

Richard
any updates?
 I built mine in two evenings watching hockey games. I did replace the tail feathers with some harder wood. Glide and low power flight are a dream.
Pat
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: PLAIN PLANE 17 7/8" Howard Littman kit Rubber Powered Free Flight
LASTWOODSMAN
Gold Member

Kudos: 25

Canada Canada

Topic starter
REAL PLANES HAD ROUND ENGINES AND TWO WINGS

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2019, 10:58:06 PM »

Hi Stovebolt.  Nope - no progress here.   Like every other flyer, partially built models take second seat,  to actually flying a finished model.    I have learned a few things in the last six years.    My only flying  option is "stealth" small park flying, using rubber powered models (nobody was interested in renting the gym at the local high school - so indoor endurance is not possible, nor are expensive, (for me),  rc clubs way out in the County).   So ...  in order for me to get my "kicks",   I need to fly a scale looking,  large Jumbo 30"  wingspan (Rearwin Speedster) with big rubber motors, to have any chance of flying penetration, into the wind,  of my always-windy (it was never windy like this when I was a kid),  little Cricket Field.   The repairs from the crashes are just like building anyway.  Undecided   And I do not have a ventilated machine shop   Sad   at my disposal, and I do not stink up my apartment   Angry  by using Cyano acrylate glue, so I am a slow white glue builder Luddite, doing things the long and hard way.   Less time building equals more time flying.    I'm just trying to make up for lost time by flying all I can right now  - I can build static display models later ...  maybe sooner than later ...  No more excuses -  if I am bored, I move onto something else ... just like anybody.
      Besides, I just got a big order   Grin  from Volare including a half pound of  3/16"  rubber, two new, more powerful winders   Shocked  , and new props and shafts and Crocket hooks ....
     So what are you building and flying Stovebolt?   Do you mostly fly your Plain Plane indoors?   How much wind can it take outdoors?

LASTWOODSMAN
Richard

OH, I HAVE SLIPPED THE SURLY BONDS OF EARTH ... UP, UP THE LONG DELIRIOUS BURNING BLUE ... SUNWARD I'VE CLIMBED AND JOINED THE TUMBLING MIRTH OF SUN-SPLIT CLOUDS ...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: