Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
August 22, 2019, 08:09:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1950 issues of Aeromodeller  (Read 478 times)
Flyguy
Gold Member

Kudos: 40

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »

A friend of mine recently gave me a nice present - he was in an antique store in CA and he saw 5 issues of Aeromodeller from 1950, wish I could find antique stores like that! Anyway, I thought while I read them it might be fun to share some pics of them. First pic is the April 1950 cover. I like those old ads, so second pic is a Veron ad with lots of nice drawings. I found the Sentinel plan (30" is exactly what I want!) on outerzone, as well as the Goblin, fun to check out some of the others. Third pic is an ad for Halfax. The 30" Major looks intriguing, but I couldn't find it on the net? I did find a catalog and some info on Halfax with pictures of other cool planes: https://rclibrary.co.uk/title_details.asp?ID=1539

Attached files Thumbnail(s):
1950 issues of Aeromodeller
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 51

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:55:03 PM »

Is that the Laurie Bagley SPAD? I built one - went well but the pendulum is a nonsense - needs a Fernando Ramos one
TheLurker
Gold Member

Kudos: 24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 04:43:34 PM »

Have a shufti at the Halfax Roma ad.; it gives the wing loading!  Not something you see that often.  Easier to see if you hit the "maximize"/"show actual size" button on the attachment viewer, although you can just about make it out in the standard view.
mike
Silver Member

Kudos: 5

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 06:56:26 PM »

Is that the Laurie Bagley SPAD? I built one - went well but the pendulum is a nonsense - needs a Fernando Ramos one
It is the Laurie Bagley Spad issue. The plan was shown at quarter size inside.
Flyguy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 08:15:16 PM »

Yes I found the article you are referring to, interesting comment about the pendulum! Scanned in the nice 3-view, attached.
Re: 1950 issues of Aeromodeller
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 180

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 08:16:17 PM »

I was amused by the bulb sprayer in the Veron add. Does anyone remember if they worked?

There are quite a few old Aeromodellers for download on the Builders Forum as well.

John
Flyguy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 08:33:44 PM »

I'm pretty skeptical about the bulb!

There's also an interesting indoor tailess design, the Waffle, with full-size plans, left and right page pics attached below.
DHnut
Gold Member

Kudos: 14

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 10:25:39 PM »

I had a Celspray and remember it as hard work. The hand bulb was almost impossible to use and the of a tube for a reservior was equally limiting. The current airbrush and affordable compressors have transformed finishing.
Ricky 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: