Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
July 13, 2020, 06:49:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comet Dime Hurricane  (Read 1373 times)
vtdiy
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2018, 09:36:43 PM »

Oh, okay, W7 and 8. That makes sense! Thanks Weedle. 
vtdiy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2018, 08:25:04 AM »

Where I am now:

http://www.sredmond.com/Models/Hurricane/HurricaneComet-Fuselage-1.jpg
Comet Dime Hurricane
OZPAF
Palladium Member

Kudos: 186

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2018, 07:08:45 PM »

Re my advice re the supporting brace for F6 - I've told you to place it on the longerons.Looking again at the drawing that could be in the way of the rubber motor. I would suggest relocating the brace higher if it does clash - it could go as high as the lower edge of the canopy without detracting from the appearance. Add the new brace and then remove the first one.
John
vtdiy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2018, 07:17:20 PM »

Thanks John. I took it to my local club's indoor session yesterday, and friends who had their Comet Spitfire and 2 Messerschmitts done and trim testing there said the clearance looked okay to them, so I think I'll leave it in.

The ME 109 looked like an easier plane to build and had quite a bit longer fuselage. Two of the models had custom printed camo tissue, and all were super nicely built. One Me-109 weighed 6-1/2 grams. That one was nearly fully trimmed for flight by the end of the session.
Crabby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 137

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »

Good afternoon vtdiy!
Great looking so far on this dimer. I love dimers but always have to remind myself that in this case less is more. You are in an impressionistic zone here! Keep a roll on brother!

The Threadkiller!
vtdiy
Gold Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 08:52:01 AM »

Thanks Crabby. I had stopped work on this one, because my balsa skills were at this small an airplane level, not great. A change to Scigs Piper Bostonian which seemed easier (fuselage and tail group done), then just wanting to get something flyable done for my indoor club meet, I slipped into very simple foam madness with the No-Cal Caudron 460. Not as simple as it first seemed, at least I got to the flying trimmable stage, there. That plane is now built, so, maybe I should work my way back into finishing this one. Encouragement like yours makes a difference, I thank you for it.

I know I'm going to have to replace the former that was giving me so much trouble earlier -- the grain is running the wrong way, now, and it's bound to break off again. also, some of the notches are broken out on what I have so far.

But, everything is fixable if you have the patience for it. I think a break from it was a good idea.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: