Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
September 18, 2019, 04:13:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andrade event?  (Read 487 times)
Starduster
Platinum Member

Kudos: 34

United States United States

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:35:11 PM »

Can someone enlighten me on this event? History? Dominate airplanes? etc.?

Thanks

Starduster

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty..."
FF Bruce
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:50:33 PM »

20 gr. of rubber, no more than 200 sq. in. Max flights start at 2min. then go 3,4 and fly offs stay at 4. It is a coupe size model but you get 20gr. of rubber, fun to fly. Idea is to have a model that might stay on the field, unlike unlimited. Don't know the best one,event is starting to get traction.   
NormF
Gold Member

Kudos: 12

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:10:11 PM »

This is a fun event. Last year's Nats rubber one design was an Andrade, Bud Romak's "Betty's Baby". Essentially, a squared off GollyWock. I've used an Champion "Upshot" and the long motor version of the Blue Ridge "Coup 'd Ville". Most were using 12 strands of 1/8".

Norm
FF Bruce
Gold Member

Kudos: 13

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:42:53 AM »

Mine is a version of a Upshot,same fuselage up on edge, single rudder, and same mains but tapered tips. 18" prop and like Norm 12 strands of 1\8". Flight times in the morning 4-4 1\2 min.
Starduster
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 03:36:15 PM »

First shot at an Andrade, see pictures

Sort of a "Frankinplane". Wing is a modified Winterhawk (not sure which Mk.) built the wing many years ago, but never flew it. Stripped the covering, added diagonal ribs aft of the leading edge sheeting and re-covered with Ultacote Parklite. Fuselage is also Winterhawk, but I fabricated my own CF pylon, and am using a Dan Kennedy E-timer for DT. Stab and rudder is my own design. Prop blades are Bob White Beau Coupe and the hub is an old FAI Teeny Torque.

Flew this morning at Wawayanda, and though I only got up to about 60% Power, the climb is good, and the glide is beautiful. Am planning on flying it at the Nats this year.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Andrade event?

Starduster
Platinum Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 01:19:10 PM »

Well... Shoot...

I took my Andread (above) to the Nats and on the second official, it hooked into a booming thermal. (before you ask, no, I didn't have a RDT or a tracker) Last I saw the airplane it disappeared into the base of the cloud at the top of the thermal, high over the RC sailplane area heading North\Northeast towards Ft. Wayne.

I do like this event, though. Thinking about an O'Reilly Winterhawk V.

Does anyone know why Jim states on his website that his 'Smallvahill' is "not Andread legal"?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: