Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 19, 2019, 08:20:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quick Flick II From Mountain models  (Read 1378 times)
Sky sharkster

« on: December 04, 2009, 10:33:37 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Here's a few photos and link to a build thread for the Mountain Models "Quick flick II" discus-launch R/C glider.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36439

This is a complete kit (short kits and plans-only are available also) including all laser-cut balsa parts, balsa strip stock, pushrods/tubes, control horns, F/G boom, F/G cloth in two weights, carbon fiber tow, plans, instruction booklet and hardware.

It is reasonably straightforward build for anyone with kit-building experience but not for a beginner to balsa construction. A few modern techniques are used, like carbon fiber reinforced wing spars, F/G cloth covered tail surfaces and a "D" box, vertical-webbed wing.

How does it fly? Very well indeed. It is simple to launch, easy to trim and glides great. No problem catching lift and thermals well. Without thermals, you can do a minute easily and I've hand-caught the model nearly every time I've tried.

I'd recommend one of the "Micro" coverings like SoLite or MicroLite, weight is about 7-8 ounces RTF. Equipment used is a Berg MicroStamp Rx, (2) hitec HS 55 servos, a 300 mAH 4-cell NiMH RX battery.

Good Luck!
Ron
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Quick Flick II From Mountain models
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:13:51 PM by Sundance12 » Logged
Graiskye
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »

Looks awesome, glad to hear your having a ball with her.

-G.

"When I think of something monumentally witty, Ill let you know, till then you'll have to amuse yourselves."
dghmiel
Nickel Member

Kudos: 0

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »

Hi! Your model looks great and I'm glad you're having fun with it.

A few (about 6) of us here in the Columbia Gorge built or are building QF IIs and are also having a great time with them.

I'd like to add to your comment about the build. I built the short kit and downloaded the manual. I agree that it's not the easiest build if the kit has the wing spar joiners protruding below the wing center section. One builder was planning to cut the protrusions off until it was pointed out that the wing incidence would change if done so. The rest of the model is easy to build.

We also had some interesting discussions until I realized there are two different sets of plans and two different build manuals.

Great flyer and I'm looking forward to many more fun flights.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: