Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
December 14, 2019, 03:52:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Junkers F13  (Read 1613 times)
flydean1
Gold Member

Kudos: 21

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2019, 04:17:36 PM »

I really like the "daggers" used to ease the fuselage sides together.
Rhys
Bronze Member

Kudos: 5

Topic starter
Faithful Wingman

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2019, 06:24:37 PM »

LOL about the "daggers", flydean Grin  Until you mentioned that it never came to mind. The daggers are surgical scalpels. I didn't have any other device to hold the sides in place but, with the blade into the cork board they did the job. I need to learn how to build jigs
Rhys
Bronze Member

Topic starter
Faithful Wingman

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2019, 08:59:26 PM »

Finally...I'm at a point where it's starting to come together. I have some finishing to do on the wing so my weight should drop a bit. There's a lot to do - the cockpit (that'll be hard), "engine compartment" for the Voodoo and Zombie and of course the legs & feet. Covering will indeed be a challenge. Returning to free flight,  after a long hiatus, I just hope I'm doing the right things and paying attention to what it takes to make a decent flight of it. Please, any constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Cheers to all,
Rhys
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Junkers F13
flydean1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 10:25:53 PM »

Rear peg location looks good.  Be sure when installing the stab, to have an oversized slot and don't glue it in place until you get the pitch trim sorted out.  Use thin cardboard (postcard) shims to set the stab incidence then experiment to get a good glide.  Then nail it down with clear dope so you can loosen it if need be.  Moving my rear rubber anchor point, and building in room for pitch trim adjustment transformed my Rubber Scale models.
Rhys
Bronze Member

Topic starter
Faithful Wingman

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 10:46:41 PM »

Thank you so much for all the advice, flydean1! I would never have thought of the trim method you described and the use of dope for attachment of the empennage. Again Diolch yn fawr! (Thank you very much)

Rhys
lincoln
Titanium Member

Kudos: 32

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2019, 08:27:19 AM »

A friend of mine was once told, by the police, that a triple beam balance has no legitimate use.
Crabby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 134

I never met a modeler I didn't like

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2019, 08:50:30 AM »

I guess you better believe it. You don’t want to have to explain your modeling madness to a judge! Especially if you happen to indulge at bit in the magical herb!

The Threadkiller!
Rhys
Bronze Member

Topic starter
Faithful Wingman

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »

I've been cutting balsa to continue with the F13 and have hit an impasse. I've thought and thought about the piece centered in the picture and cannot understand how this is to be affixed. Is it one piece or two and is it to be bent upward to a specific angle (if so none is mentioned) or applied flat at an angle to the center line of the fuse? This one's got me. Thanks for any input that will help sort this out.

Regards,
Rhys
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 06:46:14 PM by Rhys » Logged
flydean1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 09:51:43 PM »

I think it goes just below where it is shown.   Possibly the angle piece in the side view from the rear of the cockpit to the former on the front.  I would do 2 piece but may work by sawing half way thru from the bottom and cracking it.
Rhys
Bronze Member

Topic starter
Faithful Wingman

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 10:25:08 PM »

Ok. That's what I thought but growing reservation. So it is the angled piece beneath the cockpit bay and the central spine attaches at front wheras the two other pieces curved attach to the angled slots at the rt and left? Just wanted some added input b4 I make a mess of it or I begin to alter engineer. Something I'm trying not to do. I've already deaviated once.

Regards,
Rhys
Indoorflyer
Platinum Member

Kudos: 15

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2019, 12:35:56 AM »

It's a flat bulkhead made from 2 pieces.  It is slanted away from the pilot, like a very angled "dashboard". It becomes the "platform" (as called out on the plan) that the small windscreens mount to. I marked it as red in the drawing side view.  Since it is just about 20 degrees from horizontal, the stringers lay in long notches. There are three stringers atop the cowling area; the middle one butts against the angled platform, the other two lay into the long slot/notches and get trimmed flush.

Make the same mistake on both sides; nobody will notice...
Rhys
Bronze Member

Topic starter
Faithful Wingman

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 10:16:28 AM »

Thanks eversomuch IF! That explains the 3D nature of the  slots to each side of center.
Rhys
THB
Gold Member

Kudos: 17

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2019, 04:44:32 AM »

I really like the Junkers aircraft - enjoying the build
Tim

Tim
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other planes."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up