Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
May 23, 2019, 12:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BMFA Indoor Scale Nationals April 28th 2019  (Read 2965 times)
ffscale
Silver Member

Kudos: 23

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »

I think most of the UK regulars know that this year I am co-organising the BMFA Indoor Nats with John Minchell.  I have stepped into Graham Banham’s shoes and am desperately hoping I can do the job as well as he did.

The date this year is Sunday April 28th, so make a note in your diaries.  Venue is Wolverhampton University Sports Centre, Gorway Road, Walsall, WS1 3BD
 There are some cracking new Open models being built for this year so I’m really looking forwards to seeing them in action.

As last year there are classes for Open Rubber, Open electric/CO2, Kit Scale, Peanut and Pistachio.  Pre-entry is required for these classes and the entry form is available to download from the BMFA Website.  To save you going through the menus, here is a direct link:

https://bmfa.org/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=2791&language=en-GB&PortalId=0&TabId=1555

As far as a trimming session on Saturday goes, John and I are currently looking at the best way to facilitate this, as the Sports centre has (like in 2017) been booked out all day for a Martial Arts event in the main hall.  By the time that has been cleared away, time will be getting on.  We really want to be able to give you a reasonably long session, but it may have to be later in the evening.  I would be interested to hear people’s thoughts on this.  How would you feel about having a later evening trimming session?

Please contact me directly if you need more information or have any questions – my contact details are on the entry form.

Mike S
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Kudos: 64

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 12:58:24 PM »

Good luck Mike  Smiley
Graham Banham
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 01:51:40 PM »

Mike, i sent you and John an email direct.

Cheers
Graham
ffscale
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »

I’m pleased to announce that there will be a new trophy up for grabs at the Indoor Scale Nats this year.  It was agreed at the STC meeting on Saturday to present the Veron Truflite Trophy, in memory of Phil Smith, to the highest placed Veron Truflite model at the event.  Logically I would expect this to be won by a kit scale model, but I do remember Reg Boor doing pretty well in the Open rubber class with his very nice Messerschmitt Bf 109G, so who knows?

You still have over two months to go which is plenty of time to build one of Phil’s designs – who wouldn’t want to have this nice brass Tiger Moth on their mantelpiece?

Mike S
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: BMFA Indoor Scale Nationals April 28th 2019
SP250
Gold Member

Kudos: 7

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 06:00:18 PM »

Gents

I have good news, that after 6 months of negotiations I have received a licence for Indoor Flying to continue at RAF Shawbury.

This now means that there will be a couple of club dates which are just prior to the FF Indoor Nats at Walsall which you can use for trimming those masterpieces.
Club dates at Shawbury are confirmed as March 24th, April 14th and May 5th (which is of course too late fo the FF Nats).

However, as the Indoor RC nats were postponed on March 24th, they will now run on May 12th, so the club date the week before can be used for trimming and practice for those entering the Indoor RC Nats.

Regards John M
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 10:26:08 AM »

I hope that you have enough helpers this year?
I'm counting on Arsenal losing in the Europa Cup ... to avoid a fixture re-shuffle for their match at Leicester! Jayne will possibly travel with me then ... I'm not high in the pecking order!
SP250
Gold Member

Kudos: 7

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 11:12:01 AM »

Russ

No, we don't have enough helpers so far, as a couple of the regulars cannot make it this year.
I'll take this offline and send you an email.

John M

ffscale
Silver Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 07:43:10 AM »

With under two weeks to go to the closing date for entries I thought a gentle reminder would be in order to get your entry forms filled in and either emailed or posted to me as soon as possible if you intend to enter this year.  Just 16 forms have been received so far, so in spite of being told there is always a rush at the end, I can’t help but being a little concerned at the lack of entries!

Link to the entry form here:

https://bmfa.org/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=2791&language=en-GB&PortalId=0&TabId=1555

For those who have already sent me their forms but have not told me which models they are entering, it would be really helpful if you could let me know so we can get the information to the scorers well in advance of the event.

As far as trimming on Saturday evening goes, the martial arts people finish at 5pm, and we have the hall booked until 8pm.  If we give them a hand putting all the mats away, there is a good chance we should be able to use the hall from about 6pm, giving two hours for trimming.

I hope all your last-minute builds are going well and look forwards to seeing many of you on the 27th/28th April

Mike S
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Kudos: 33

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 04:50:18 AM »

Just giving this one a gentle bump...

Who's going?

Jon
Newbie_John
Bronze Member

Kudos: 2

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 06:00:49 AM »

SWMBO and I will be coming to my first Nationals, to spectate........... Grin

John
danmellor
Titanium Member

Kudos: 54

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 07:09:51 AM »

Going. Not entered this year, though.

Dan.
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 10:18:45 AM »

Hope to be there helping.
The itch to enter is growing stronger again though!
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »

Going. Not entered this year, though.

Dan.

Why not entering Dan?
danmellor
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 07:02:21 PM »

Gipsy completely untrimmed following repairs. I only get 3 evenings off out of every 14 and they haven't coincided with calm conditions!

Hate this shift pattern...

Dan.
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 07:39:11 PM »

Really sorry to hear that Dan.   Sad

Worth entering the big red beast?... for the craic at the very least?!
danmellor
Titanium Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 07:43:34 PM »

Banned from KS as podium placed last year. I don't mind: Several possibles for next year...

Dan.
Andrew Darby
Titanium Member

Kudos: 65

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 02:28:21 AM »

No me or Jimbo either.

Enthusiasm for modelling has left me a little at the moment for one reason or another, plus other projects in the mix.

Good luck to all.

Andrew

Klunk
Rich Moore
Platinum Member

Kudos: 42

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 03:28:17 AM »

I am still hoping to get there. Room booked. Form filled in. I just need to sell something to pay for entry and bmfa membership.  Oh and build the bloody thing. If I am really lucky,  I will get a day to trim it...probs Friday before if weather is kind.

It wasn't me
Jack Plane
Platinum Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 03:50:47 AM »

Understandable Andrew, it happens from time to time...

My kid is entered.  He'll be covering and completing the Jodel next week when he's back from his mum's (with left arm broken in two places courtesy of school ski-trip!).  Doesn't leave us a lot of time for trimming, but as long as it comes out straight and true, not too heavy and balances properly etc, then I hope pre-established safe variables (rubber size, thrust-lines etc) will help shorten the remaining trimming process.
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 115

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 04:27:10 AM »

I’m going: KS and Open Rubber as usual.

Sorry you’re not going to be there Team Darby- you’ll be missed- and sorry you’re not entering, Dan. Have you an older model you could dredge up? I have to say that unlike your Cub, ALL my own kit scale models are technically still eligible for re-entry if required. You really need to start building and flying much less well so as to build up a fleet!

FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 05:02:49 AM »

Banned from KS as podium placed last year. I don't mind: Several possibles for next year...

Dan.

A big downside of this rule ... we can't afford to lose actual entrants as a result. Glad that you are still going though, Dan.
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 05:05:38 AM »

No me or Jimbo either.

Enthusiasm for modelling has left me a little at the moment for one reason or another, plus other projects in the mix.

Good luck to all.

Andrew

I hope that the enthusiasm returns quickly.
FreeFlightModeller
Russ Lister
Titanium Member

Russ Lister

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 05:07:41 AM »

I am still hoping to get there. Room booked. Form filled in. I just need to sell something to pay for entry and bmfa membership.  Oh and build the bloody thing. If I am really lucky,  I will get a day to trim it...probs Friday before if weather is kind.

You'll do it!
billdennis747
Titanium Member

Kudos: 51

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 05:24:14 AM »

Is it not just the model that is banned now?
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 115

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 05:31:42 AM »

Is it not just the model that is banned now?
Yes, that's why I thought Dan might have another to enter if the new big Gipsy Moth's not trimmed. Trouble is, most of his have been on the podium! Still time to build another of course- maybe a Veron Truflite one for the new trophy?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: