Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin (Account/Technical Issues)  |  Contact Global Moderator
November 28, 2021, 03:01:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sundance12 20-20 Eh-R-Foiler - Build-  (Read 4932 times)
Sundance12
Model Airplane Builder
Global Moderator
Platinum Member

Kudos: 73

Canada Canada

Topic starter
MAAC #25680, VE4BDF (amateur radio callsign)

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 09:46:01 PM »

Prop Hub Pictures

In flight picture for completion.
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Sundance12 20-20 Eh-R-Foiler - Build-

Resources and tools for scratch builders and plans builders.
www.northof49tech.com
outofbalance
Gold Member

Kudos: 18

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 10:36:35 AM »

In flight and static prop pictures

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the new photos (just got back home after a few days wandering out east). How is your model testing out with the folder?

I tried my folder and I think the prop blades are too short. I'm doing more tests to see if I can get a better power burst but at this point it does not want to produce enough power. Still, I am enjoying the exercise. The mechanism is balanced!

OOB
Sundance12
Model Airplane Builder
Global Moderator
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 10:51:53 AM »

Hi OOB;

My folder experiment is going quite well, this prop hub folding system is quite small, it works well, and the blades fold most times. The hub has a freewheeling notch where the prop shaft exits at the front and this allows the whole thing to freewheel to a degree. I have not set any stop mechanism in the hub to make the blades fold anywhere particular, they fold when and if able. The overall idea was to get the majority of the blades out of the air stream in the glide as much as I could. Right now I am working on a little trim and risking the addition of more power. I tired in only .70 oz in of torque on your new meter and got close to 200 cranks on my 6:1 peck winder. I got the flight that is in the picture with that power setting. somewhere around 40 seconds. I think I can get up to over 1.3 oz in of torque and then I don't know what this plane and prop will do. It is not a screaming climb on the last power setting but there is more to come. I will do this prop hub design again and make a few more perfections as I go.

Sundance12

www.northof49tech.com
schnellwilli

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »

Sundance said,
" am using a folding prop system on the latest design that has flat bottomed blades with no undercamber. I carved a prop block from balsa to measure 8" daimeter and 9.5" pitch. I also made this design into a folder with the folding elbows at the hub instead of the root. This design is really simple and fast to build but was a little fiddly. This my third folding hub and I initally made it with a Montreal Stop that you can see in some pictures. I removed it and it's associated parts to make the front end lighter, I won't need it on this design anyway. Each blade will get a single coat of .75 oz glass cloth and epoxy resin and then they are finnished"

Now, that is a really neat job! Stuff like that really turns me on! You should make those little folders and sell them! I would be your first customer. Would prefer an "S" or "Z" prop hook, however. Wonder if the blades fold to the sides? Whats the diameter of the wire?
RiceLover36
Bronze Member

Kudos: 1

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 02:34:25 PM »

hi

I was wondering if there were plans for this model, I always wanted to try a p-20

Daniel
Sundance12
Model Airplane Builder
Global Moderator
Platinum Member

Canada Canada

Topic starter

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 02:50:20 PM »

HI Daniel

There are no plans for this design, I never completed them in digital form. I have them on paper I think, I will have to dig in the plans pile. I may be able to scan them.

Let me work on it...

Bruce F.

www.northof49tech.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: