Logo
Builders' Plan Gallery  |  Hip Pocket Web Site  |  Contact Forum Admin  |  Contact Global Moderator
June 25, 2019, 02:07:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length

Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dewoitine D.500 or D.510 plans?  (Read 1057 times)
Greg Langelius
Gold Member

Kudos: 19

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2019, 10:30:53 AM »

The way to get 24" plans from Peanut plans is to use the Printer screen scaling option.

The scaling factor to enlarge the 13" w/s to a 24" w/s is 185% (24/13=1.85).

If this results in a page that's larger than you printer paper, use the tiling option, too.

The Fillon plan is probably a very good application for this technique, once you take some time and fully understand and interpret the construction layout.

Greg

New knowledge is found by re-examining old assumptions.
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Kudos: 117

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2019, 02:01:45 PM »

Thanks Greg. I actually enlarged it on the photocopier at work which, unlike my printer, can go up to A3.
The Fillon plan is for three different aircraft made by two different methods, so as plans go it’s not the easiest to follow but okay once you train your brain to ignore the irrelevant bits. I do think doubling up peanut plans is a good way to get a nice light 26” span build. Here’s where I’m at- just the basic fus. box so far with a lot of corner gussets added to keep it nice and  square...
Attached files Thumbnail(s):
Re: Dewoitine D.500 or D.510 plans?
dorme
Silver Member

Kudos: 6

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2019, 02:13:54 PM »

Try this site.  bottom of page.

http://www.jimoreillymodelplans.com/ScaleModels.htm
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »

Thanks for that, dorme. Would be interesting to see it but I’m committed to the Fillon plan now. At least I thought I was, but I made the mistake of comparing it to photos and a good 3 view just ‘to see’ how accurate it was. Of course once I found out what was wrong about it I couldn’t resist changing a few things to make a more realistic model; a very slippery slope! The fuselage needed widening and deepening at the front, but is otherwise okayish in outline. The wing however, when compared to the fuselage, is nearly 3 inches too short in span. I just can’t help correcting it now I know, so this model will become a 29” span model rather than the planned 26”. Still, that might even be a better size. All this checking has slowed me right down, but here is the fuselage with some shape creating stringers added. I’m half wondering if Ivan’s trick of adding filler over tissue and sanding smooth is feasible on a small model like this. I’m guessing not.
fred
Gold Member

Kudos: 6

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2019, 02:22:17 PM »

Reassuring that.. I also found that scaling up (x2) Peanuts resulted in a plan /model not even close to scale.
Was surprised by that.  I naively assumed Peanuts 'Scale' actually was. 
Seems it's not a given, then
Pete Fardell
Palladium Member

Topic starter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2019, 05:21:18 PM »

Rather slow progress but I now have a wing. I built it over a blown up 3 view and have more or less abandoned the Emmanuel Fillon plan now, it being just too unnecessarily inaccurate for my peace of mind (although happily the fuselage will always be Fillon at its inner core).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: